What's new

Allright.....best 1K pre-amp? (1 Viewer)

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
Adcom GFP-750 is hard to beat for under $1M. Passive and active stages, balanced and unbalanced, remote control and an HT Bypass.

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
Yea, I like the specs, but I'm a little disapointed with my Adcom 550. It suddenly lost all steering direction in the Dolby surround modes, still works in 5,4 and stereo modes.

I find myself longing for the "McIntosh sound" that I once had. I sold it when I must have lost my mind.....

Mark Leitch

Stunt Coordinator
I would go for a Lex DC-1 and the Creek passive volume control (which I believe has a passthru effect). No multichannel support, but excellent HT and two channel. May run you about $1100 (budgets are made to be broken ;-)

M.

Tom Lee

Agent
I believe you can pick up the adcom GTP-830 for about $899.99.. there's also the outlaw unit in which I do not know the model #.

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
Marantz av9000 I believe can be had for under a grand on eBay.
Great unit, a bit dated;
5 channels, no DPL II, no DTS-EX, etc.
Great music performance, build quality, great remote, and a rare built in RF Demod for DD 5.1 laserdisc.
I love mine, and have no plans on upgrading.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Craig, I think Dave was referring to the Outlaw 950 as a "best buy" in terms of price/performance, not as the best pre-pro out there....ever.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Craig, I think Dave was referring to the Outlaw 950 as a "best buy" in terms of price/performance, not as the best pre-pro out there....ever.
Patrick, I was just playing.. But a used Lexicon DC-1 v.4 for about a grand would also qualify as a "best buy" in terms of price/performance as well. That is where I would and did put my money..

Craig

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
the outlaw 950 is the best prepro buy...ever.
I also question that. My Audio Research pre-amp eats it. :)
The Nelson Pass designed Adcom preamp 750 mentioned earlier is an incredible deal.
Also check out:
Parasound P-3 for $800
Quad QC-24 for $999
Quad 99 for $999
Rotel RC-1090 for $1,199
Quicksilver Line Stage for $1095
Rogue Audio 66LSR for $1,295

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks