Allman Brothers Eat A Peach Reviews

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lee Scoggins, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I thought it might be good to start a thread for reviews on this release on Super Audio.

I bought it over lunch and have only listened to the CD layer and it sounds fine. So far Melissa and One Way Out appear to be the standout tracks.

I will listen later today at home on the SACD player and give me thoughts.

That Dickey Betts is one fine musician! [​IMG]

2. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Where did you pick your copy up? I am going to try Best Buy later this evening. My local store is kind of hit and miss with new SA-CD releases.

J

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I found this at Borders but Best Buy has it also. [​IMG]

4. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

No go at my local Best Buy. Guess I am going to have to order it online.

J

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I listened to my copy in stereo last night. I thought some of the studio cuts sounded like maybe the bass was boosted a bit. I had no such impression on MOUNTAIN JAM. I wish I could of found a copy of EAP on vinyl last night to compare. I thought I had one... I did pull out a vinyl copy of Live At The Fillmore East. Comparing MOUNTAIN JAM to LATFE seems like a reasonably fair compparison to me. The LP sounded better to me, more deapth in the organ and bass lines. It seemed like the guitars and drums were more equal.

I had intended to listen to EAP in M/C too but ended up playing Fillmore East in whole instead. Fillmore East sounded so good that it left me wondering if I really need an SA-CD of it? It was that good. In the end, I was more impressed by the vinyl platter than the SA-CD last night. The SA-CD was good up to a certain extent...

I'm gonna eat some peaches again 2-night in M/C and see how that moves me.

6. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I feel the bass was boosted a slight bit or maybe that it is just too prominent with respect to the other instruments.

I thought One Way Out was the best version I had heard but I would not be surprised at all if an LP beat it.