Allison Moorer - Show CD/DVD set

Discussion in 'Music' started by Peter McM, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    Absolutely beautiful! This concert was recorded/filmed in Nashville in January. The CD alone is awesome--but as if that ain't enough, the entire thing is included on DVD in the same set, great video quality and you can choose between Dolby stereo and Dolby 5.1!

Guests include sister Shelby Lynne among others.

Incredible artist. Beautiful woman. Check this out!!![​IMG]

2. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

Is this the same as the Freeview that's on Directv this month? If so, I'll pass, not much variety in the music and Shelby looked/sounded hammered.
    Tom

3. Peter McM

Peter
    Don't know, Tom. I get DirectTV but haven't heard about a Freeview showing. I'll have to check that out.

One thing I must add: I hate the cardboard package; one of those you're afraid you're gonna break the disc getting it off the spindle.[​IMG]

4. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

The show alternates with a Motley Crue freeview, probably thru the end of the month.
    Tom

5. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

From what I've been told, the concert running on Direct TV is the same that is on the DVD.

Pretty good show--wish the DVD was anamorphic but oh well--and it's generally similar to the three club shows I saw her play on her tour last year. The special guests weren't necessary but provide a nice sales hook, I'll admit.

I didn't particularly care for how the concert was directed and edited--too many cuts, too often the cameras don't look like they know where they're going--but I'll save that for my review. [​IMG]

All in all, it's a good deal and will hopefully provide her greater success. She's awfully nice and hangs around to talk with fans after the concerts, the only thing the DVD can't replicate.

6. Peter McM

Peter
    Thanks for the insight, Mark. There are no tour dates on her official website right now. Any way to know if she's coming to Indianapolis soon?