1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Alliance Memento... please tell me this isn't happening again...!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Miles, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Miles

Miles Second Unit

Hey,
    Don't tell me Alliance is screwing up Canadian releases of movies again... I just got Memento and noticed special Alliance stickers on the packaging and Alliance screening on the disk! Did they added a French 5.1 track and sacrifice something else?
    *&#$!!!!
    Why can't they leave well enough alone!
    Miles

2. Robert Spalding

Robert Spalding Second Unit

3. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

4. Miles

Miles Second Unit

The search function was disabled again... so couldn't find the other topics, although I knew they were there somewhere...
    Miles

5. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

6. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

I got mine yesturday from Metro Video in Montreal. Having a French 5.1 track helps making the bulk of the population here switch to DVD. The only good thing it has is that you can play it in the correct order by programming your player to play chapters in the following order:
    2, 4, 6, 8...44 - All Even numbers in order - corresponds to the black & white parts which are in order (I think)
    43, 41, 39, 37...1 - All Odd numbers in reverse - correspont to the color parts which are in reverse.
    Programming the player like that is probably a lot easier than using that chronological option it has.
    I haven't tryed it yet though...
    Probably what annoys me the most is that the Cdn version is SINGLE-LAYER meaning an average video bitrate of only 3-4 mbps.