What's new

"Alliance Atlantis to Make ALL their Films Canadian Friendly with new format."(Spoof) (1 Viewer)

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
I also boycott AA and I email them all the time and I always get a response even though they dismiss my concerns. Everytime a dvd is released by them that I want I email them and tell them that I will be purchasing ti from the US.
This is the email posted on their website that I usually get a response from.
[email protected]
On the other hand I have lifted my ban on Dreamworks/Universal titles. They have made some really good changes to their packaging. There is no french on the spine, the french on the cover is so small you can hardly see it and the french on the back cover is not overly intrusive.

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, that's the email I use, too, but so far - nothing!

As far as lifting the ban on Dreamworks/Universal goes, they're distributed by Alliance/Atlantis in Canada so I can't see the benefit of buying their product, seeing as the money (or at least some of it) goes to Alliance. And who wants their money to go there? Not me!

Aaand, as far as I'm concerned, it's war between these companies and me now. I intend to blitzkrieg them with emails detailing and itemizing what I haven't bought from them.

I've also talked to store managers, and told them that I don't spend half the money I'd like to in their stores thanks to these bilingual covers. So far, they've all seemed genuinely shell-shocked. Which is good, I think.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
As far as lifting the ban on Dreamworks/Universal goes, they're distributed by Alliance/Atlantis in Canada so I can't see the benefit of buying their product, seeing as the money (or at least some of it) goes to Alliance.
Well, looking at my Canadian copies of House of Sand and Fog and Eurotrip, I see no indications that that AA has anything to do with distributing them.

I wish more people who do not like AAs practices would complain to stores and email AA and complain since their reply to me usually states that they "are doing what the majority of customers want.

I am so glad I live on the border with a PO Box in the U.S. that way I can take advantage of purchasing dvds in the U.S. without paying for xtra shipping. When the us/canadian rate is down I can usually get the titles for the same or less than in Canada anyway.

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator
Most Universal product also contains the Alliance Atlantis logo on the outer shrink wrap (the ones with bilingual covers, anyway). Also, if you check the back of any older Universal product, you'll see a sticker saying it's distributed exclusively in Canada by Alliance Atlantis. Universal distributes Dreamworks, who are all in turn handled by the evil Alliance. They're definitely different companies, just cozy ones.

Finally, consider yourself one of the luckiest guys in Canada, being able to get an American p.o. box! Good for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks