Allegro Non Troppo: Criterion Collection?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick McCart, May 8, 2002.

1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    After reading about the film in a catalog, I looked to see if it was on DVD...

It's not!

Well, the VHS is from Home Vision, so why not a Criterion Collection version?

I think Criterion DID express an interest in doing an animation title, so how about this one?

Anyone else interested in a DVD of Allegro Non Troppo?

2. Rain

Rain Producer

Patrick,
    I'm not familiar with this title, but I just wanted to pop in to make a suggestion.
    Criterion welcomes title suggestions, which can be emailed via their website at www.criterionco.com. In addition to posting here, it might be a good idea to send in an email. Jon Mulvany at Criterion is very good about responding to email.
    Cheers!

3. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    This is a terrific "parody" of Disney's FANTASIA, but many of the chapters are in and of themselves very fine pieces of animation married to classical music. I own the Home Vision video release and long for a DVD, with bridging sequences in original Italian language with English subtitles.

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I would buy this film no matter who releases it. Criterion would cinch the deal though. I've been wanting to see this film for years.

5. Doug Pyle

Doug Pyle Second Unit

Doug
    This would be great for Criterion. I agree with John, the film would be worth owning on any label that can do it justice. The march of life's evolution to the Bolero was a great sequence in and of itself, and not just as a Fantasia parody. Highly recommended.
    Here is the IMDB plot summary if you are unfamiliar with the film.