What's new

Allegro non tropo from Home Vision in February (1 Viewer)

TimJS

Second Unit
Haven't seen any posts on this... apparently Home Vision Entertainment is releasing Allegro non tropo on 2/3/2004. DVD Planet has it listed on their site, & you can navigate through HVE 's site to see the cover, etc. HVE lists the following special features:

The same day, HVE will be releasing Arthur Cohn Presents box set featuring American Dream, Behind the Sun, Black and White in Color, Sky Above Mud Below, A Brief Vacation ,The Garden of the Finzi-Continis, One Day in September, Two Bits, and Dangerous Moves AFAIK, all titles currently available. On the 24th, the Ivory films Maurice & Quartet, as well as Wisconsin Death Trip will be released.

Tim

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I've been waiting for this one! I question the aspect ratio of 1.33:1, as the film was produced in 1976. I suppose it is possible an Italian animated film made even that recently could be 1.33:1. Any experts? Would not Home Vision (Criterion) release any film OAR? (But, then, consider LORD OF THE FLIES, which is 1.66:1 theatrical, yet released to DVD at 1.33:1).

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Inside information from Home Vision also indicates that it will be the longer Italian version of the film. I'm not sure what's in the extra 10 minutes or so, however. Conceivably that could be an entire extra musical composition, or it could be more live action filler.

It's been a long time since I've seen it theatrically, but 1.33 sounds right to me. I don't remember it being widescreen.

TimJS

Second Unit
Dick:

A 'noted cartoon researcher' has informed me that most animation features of this time were created full-screen for future broadcast showings, but were cropped to 1.85:1 for theatrical release.

Allegro non tropo appears to have followed this pattern.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks