What's new

all washed up! (1 Viewer)

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
Ladies and gentlemen I need your assistance, my basement flooded last night with about 4 inches of water and you'll never guess what was on the floor...that's right my xbox :frowning:
and ps2 :frowning:To make matters worse when I picked it up brown water came pouring out of the box, ps2 isin't as bad. Do you think it will work again when it's all dried up or should I immediately get into an argument with rip off artists..I mean insurance cimpany.
Dave

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Go the insurance route. It's VERY unlikely that it will work again... say it does work; how long do you think it would last? There's a very good chance that if the units were plugged in that there is an internal short.

Take pictures too. I had my basement flood last summer... all I lost was the hard work I put into finishing it, but I took plenty of pictures because once the mess is cleaned, it's hard to describe the damage.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
thanks guys at least it wasn't sewage that came up. I'm goingto take some pics and I have everything already on video so hopefully it will all work out. How long does it usually take to hear back from the insurance company?

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
If your insurance company is worth a crap, you should be able to get the majority of the specifics from your agent over the phone.

The claim adjuster will have to fill in the blanks in the next few days.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Dave, I would not even try to plug in and turn on the console! Hopefullly everything will work out with the insurance for you.

-Dan

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Not to be a downer, but do you have flood insurance? If not why would the insurance company do anything?

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Guys, I'm not going to touch anything, I'll let them(insurance company)deal with it. I have insurance on the house and anything in the home that gets damaged so all my hometheatre equipment as well as my consoles are covered. The only problem is that if I don'thave receipts for some of the stuff they only give you the current value for it so I have to go hunting for those receipts.
I will never keep my consoles on the floor again ;) , it's time for a nice new component rack!
Thanks everyone
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks