All Things Disney Music Discussion Thread

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Alan Menken will do a virtual fundraiser discussion and then a free performance online with the Walt Disney Family Museum in August.

Tickets for the discussion portion start at $200, which is too rich for my blood, but I registered for the free performance portion.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Live at Five has a roundtable discussion today with Disney on Broadway stars Michael James Scott (Genie), Bradley Gibson (Simba), Bonita Hamilton (Shenzi), Noah J. Ricketts (Kristoff) and Syndee Winters (Nala):

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Don Hahn is live with Broadway.com talking about the new documentary Howard, which premieres on Disney+ on Friday. As the title suggests, it is about the life and career of Howard Ashman.

Mike Frezon

Premium
I'm really looking forward to the doc on Howard Ashman.

As the title suggests, it is about the life and career of Howard Ashman.
It's funny you say that because I think just the opposite. I don't think the title suggests that at all. I think it's an awful title because very few people would know enough to associate "Howard" with Howard Ashman. It's not like he's Cher or Elton or Englebert, etc. This new propensity towards supershort titles (in the era of social media) only goes so far. They should have done better with the title.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's funny you say that because I think just the opposite. I don't think the title suggests that at all. I think it's an awful title because very few people would know enough to associate "Howard" with Howard Ashman.
That's fair. But I think, for Disney+, it works, because he is the most famous Howard who made a contribution to Disney. If it were being released somewhere other than Disney+, like a theatrical release, then, yes. But for where it ended up, I think the connection is fairly clear.

Anyway, the interview I posted in the above post is happening live now, and it's great.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Broadway.com is about to go live with Tony winner Santino Fontana, known to Disney fans as the voice of Hans in Frozen:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Tonight's episode of Stars in the House had a virtual reunion of cast members from the stage production of Newsies.

If any of you haven't seen the stage version of Newsies, its professionally recorded stage taping is streaming on Disney+.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Jodi Benson on working with Howard Ashman:

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Tonight's episode of Stars in the House will feature Susan Egan, Terrance Mann, Andréa Burns, Kerry Butler and Debbie Gibson to discuss Beauty and the Beast. Embed below.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The YouTube series Quarantine and Cocktails is currently live, hosting a (virtual) reunion of cast members from the Broadway production of Frozen:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els