1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

All Things Disney Music Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mike Frezon, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Thanks for sharing, Jason. That sounds wonderful.

Also: a bit more from Hercules in Central Park. This is Jelani Alladdin singing the opening verse of Go the Distance:

And a featurette with Alan Menken about this production, including bits of him singing new songs:

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Yeah, I was pretty stoked. I know I mentioned on Insta and Facebook I made a complete dork of myself with Paige. It was like I forgot how to speak for 90 seconds.

There were a lot of music "names" at the Emporium booth for signings if you bought a CD or album. Auli'i was the one I wanted the most.

I skipped even trying to get into the last panel of the weekend, and I'm half kicking myself. It was the anniversary panel for Tarzan and Matthew Morrison was apparently singing.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  3. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Broadway alum Krysta Rodriguez, who played Meg in the recent stage version of Hercules, is doing a solo show at New York's nightclub Finestein's/54 Below tonight. Their Facebook page streamed video of her singing I Won't Say I'm In Love to open her show. It's embedded into Facebook, not YouTube, so I don't think I can post it here, but if you go to their Facebook page you should be able to find it. It's great.

Also, here's a video interview she did last week with Broadway.com about Hercules:

4. Message #624 of 624 Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle (who sang the pop single of A Whole New World for the film's end credits 27 years ago) reunited onstage after a performance of Aladdin on Broadway at the New Amsterdam Theatre to sing the song again:

They also did an interview about the song on Good Morning America: