What's new

All Things Disney Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
On deepdiscountdvd, they have 2 versions of Fantasia. One for $22.09 with 33 tracks and an import version that has 34 tracks (unless i counted wrong) for $38.99. Anyone know the difference between the 2 to justify the huge price gap? Also I'm thinking about replacing my original soundtracks with the legacy ones. Can anyone tell me which ones are worth the double dip? These are what I have:

Sleeping Beauty

Little Mermaid

Pocohantas

Cinderella

Hopefully, they come out with a Legacy Peter Pan if there is any more additional material.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Hey Bob:

I did a quick check based on the DDD Import track list. It looks like the only difference is Disc 1: the import includes a track called "Russian Dance" which is not on Disc 1. However, it is on Disc 3. The tracks for the other discs match across the Import and Domestic release. I don't know enough about the Russian Dance track to know if it is included with another track on Disc 1.

Personally, I think they're all worth it. They are all on the low end of the price spectrum and include gorgeous packaging and lots of material. If funds will allow it, I would pick them all up, one at a time. The only one you can't find on Amazon is Lady and the Tramp: that's an Intrada release. The others should be available everywhere.

Lastly...the next few Legacy Collection releases will be the last, for the time being, anyway. A set with Disneyland music and The Aristocats are on the way. I personally think every Disney animated film should have this kind of CD release, but I don't make those kinds of decisions. :)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Thanks Jason, I doubt I'll see a Legacy version for Peter Pan, I just don't think there is enough additional material. However, I think there is a demo track on the Peter Pan laser disc that isn't on my current cd. I guess I'll get the cheaper version of Fantasia since there doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
You're welcome, Bob. Never say never with Peter Pan. These release are tending to come out in a "big" anniversary year for the movie (a 5 or 10 year anniversary). Peter Pan is right between those right now: 2013 is the 60th anniversary, 2018 is the 65th. I don't buy Disney is not going to release expanded soundtracks for a bunch of their popular/legendary films (Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin come to mind very quickly).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Bob_S. said:
Yes, Aladdin is another one I really want!

That is probably the only Disney soundtrack that I have in my house, which I bought for my sister from Columbia House (remember them?).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Walter C said:
That is probably the only Disney soundtrack that I have in my house, which I bought for my sister from Columbia House (remember them?).

They just filed for bankruptcy, if I recall correctly. :eek:

I just received the Inside Out soundtrack. Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but I'm hoping that will happen this afternoon. I have to start getting through some of these CD's because two more are coming in the next two weeks.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Disneyland 3 Disc has shipped from Amazon and should be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow. (About time...Mike knows what I'm talking about!)

Aristocats on Amazon is still listed with an August 28 release (and a stupid high $27.99 price point). It carries the Import tag; the non-Import is unavailable. However, the Disney Music Emporium shows it is available now at $19.98...with about $5 shipping.

I'm waiting a little big longer before I cancel the Amazon order...$28 is way too much.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for posting, Jason! :thumbsup:

I didn't get the typical e-mail from Amazon that mine had shipped...but I checked my account and it says it has shipped and will be arriving tomorrow.

Three discs for $19.88. Not too shabby!

I just to see when I had pre-ordered (July 6th!)...and, weirdly, Amazon says the title is "Currently Unavailable." What a screwy release.

Fingers crossed that these discs show up!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Got you beat, Mike. Ordered mine on June 28. :)

And the USPS tracking says it's out for delivery today. *crossing fingers*

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got my e-mail about 7pmET last night that it had shipped and should be delivered today.

Fingers still crossed (which makes it hard to type!).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

gallery_286742_34_105271.jpg

And I've sampled several cuts on a couple different discs and I've got to say...they sound wonderful. Beautiful stereo recordings, transferred beautifully. Things like Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Tiki Room, Small World, Haunted Mansion and Pirates all sound as good as I've ever heard them. :thumbsup:

gallery_286742_34_44039.jpg

gallery_286742_34_68960.jpg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I meant to check in here over the weekend, but it never happened (sadly).

I had a bit of a problem importing the CD's into iTunes...overcame that obstacle. And I agree with Mike: of what I've heard so far, it's such a fun release. Lots of good tracks with enough variety to make sure no one gets bored.

The "import" of Aristocats is still holding steady at $27.99. I'm canceling first thing Wednesday morning if it doesn't drop into a more manageable price range.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The proper listing for The Aristocats is finally up at Amazon. Price is currently set at $14.99...and it's showing as in stock. The Disney Music Emporium was showing the same, so I think the release date got a little confused.

Oh well. Officially ordered.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw an ad on Facebook to "complete your collection with the final installments of the Walt Disney Records Legacy Collection available now."

Edit: another one says "All 12 soundtracks from Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection have been released! Complete your collection today!"

I think they'd be crazy to abandon this line now, but it's Disney, so who knows?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've really gotta take inventory of which ones I've ordered and which ones I still want to get.

The prices (for the most part) are certainly right!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks