all the pretty horses

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Johnson, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Dave Johnson

Dave Johnson Stunt Coordinator

any idea if a director's cut of this film will ever be released? thought it was a great film, but find myself wondering what i'm missing from the original billy bob version.

ps. i did a search, but all i got was "lord of the rings" and "planet of the apes" threads. ?

thanks.

2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I'd love to see a director's cut of the film someday but the movie was considered such a bomb that I doubt we'll be seeing anything like that for a long while, if ever. Seems like Columbia/Tri-Star would just prefer to bury the movie and move on.

3. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Matt Damon said that the only thing preventing the director's cut is the original composer's refusal for his score to be used.

~T

4. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I liked the film as it is but I don't think I would want a longer directors cut (isn't it supposed to be around the 4 hour mark?). I don't recall anything really perplexing that wasn't explained and every scene seemed to play out nicely, so an added hour or so of footage probably wouldn't do much besides be over-indulgent.

Bruce

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I saw this film the other day and thought it was really good. It was nice seeing Henry Thomas again after not seeing him in anything for awhile. I agree that the film is fine as it is.
    mmmmmm Penelope Cruz! [​IMG]