All the Little Animals

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PaulaJ, Jul 16, 2002.

1. PaulaJ

PaulaJ Supporting Actor

OK, this title (All the Little Animals) is high up on my list of "movies I wish were on DVD"

The Independent Film Channel ran it last night and it was just as good as I remembered. Unfortunately, they ran the same pan and scan (UGH) version that you can see on the VHS tape.

I think Lions Gate had the U.S. rights to this... do they still have those rights? Is there any change ever we're going to get this on a widescreen and enhanced DVD?

Yeah, yeah, I know...when pigs fly. And it will probably be pan and scan, if they ever do get around to releasing it on DVD.

2. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

Universal/Studios USA owns the television distribution rights to this film as a result of a prior agreement with Lions Gate. Universal also owns the video rights, but I don't know if they have yet released this on DVD.

I didn't care much for this film myself as I thought it was too dark for me.

3. PaulaJ

PaulaJ Supporting Actor

>Universal also owns the video rights, but I don't know if they have yet released this on DVD.

Uh, they haven't... that was the point of my first post.

4. PaulaJ

PaulaJ Supporting Actor

Oops, I should add thanks for the information about Universal. Maybe I'll go bug 'em... not that it will make any difference. [​IMG]
    I didnt think this was THAT dark a movie... it has a happy ending more or less for the lead character despite some tragedies along the way.