What's new

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Anybody out there own this Blu? I'm only finding a UK release of the movie, yet "everywhere"(that says anything) says it plays region free...

Anybody know?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Damn it man. Now I might have to break down and buy a region free BD player...

Haven't even made it down to Mandy Lane and there are two "no" movies...damn it, damn it, damn it...

9 songs and 11:14. Both of which I have as DVD. But 11:14 is quirky enough, why not. 9 songs...gee..I wonder what that reason could be to "get the Blu"...

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
schan1269 said:
Damn it man. Now I might have to break down and buy a region free BD player...

Haven't even made it down to Mandy Lane and there are two "no" movies...damn it, damn it, damn it...

9 songs and 11:14. Both of which I have as DVD. But 11:14 is quirky enough, why not. 9 songs...gee..I wonder what that reason could be to "get the Blu"...
Just import a cheap Panasonic, it'll do the job and all you will need is a plug converter.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
If you can wait a bit, it's actually set for an American theatrical release this October, a mere seven years after it was made.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That "US release" has been on and off for so long, I gave up.Already bought on Amazon. What spurred it was the fact it dropped $13.50 in my cart. Bought it for just over $10. Had been watching a UK DVD and it fell to $5Both prices are $25 free ship...

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
You could always buy the UK version, rip the Blu-ray Disc using MakeMKV and then play it back on a suitable device.

A lot of Blu-ray Disc players will play back MKVs, though some won't handle the HD versions.

Your PC/lapdog will be able to play the rip back using a free downloadable player like VLC, if you can connect that to your diasplay, etc.

Steve W

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
This time it's for real. The Weinstein Company initially had the movie, then sold it off when they had to mortgage their library, but they bought it back after the success of WARM BODIES. There will be a simultaneous theatrical/VOD release through Radius/TWC, so that should be followed by an Anchor Bay release.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Not like I want to nit-pick a website about listing movies in certain regions(which is a help)...but I've noted today that they've missed a bunch. Both region A and region B.

Point remains...I really need a multi-region BD player now. Found a few movies like Brotherhood of The Wolf not on the list in any region(it is region B w/ English subtitles)...

And as a side note to those interested...and who might know...

There are some, as I discovered today, several "not on Blu" HD-DVD hovering out there in no man's land. None of them are "cheap"(cause apparently the people know what they got). Did HD-DVD do region coding? I don't remember.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
schan1269 said:
Not like I want to nit-pick a website about listing movies in certain regions(which is a help)...but I've noted today that they've missed a bunch. Both region A and region B.

Point remains...I really need a multi-region BD player now. Found a few movies like Brotherhood of The Wolf not on the list in any region(it is region B w/ English subtitles)...

And as a side note to those interested...and who might know...

There are some, as I discovered today, several "not on Blu" HD-DVD hovering out there in no man's land. None of them are "cheap"(cause apparently the people know what they got). Did HD-DVD do region coding? I don't remember.
There is no version of Brotherhood Of The Wolf on blu ray that looks good, it needs a new film scan and new release.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Thanks for that heads up. I think I saw a HD DVD if it as well. Wonder if it is any better. Have to see if I can find it, or if I was dreaming.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
schan1269 said:
Thanks for that heads up. I think I saw a HD DVD if it as well. Wonder if it is any better. Have to see if I can find it, or if I was dreaming.
The HD DVD edition is the best of the multiple releases available from Europe but even that one isn't that good, i was hoping Gans would get involved and oversee a new release the way he did with the excellent and superior French release of Silent Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks