What's new

ALL STUDIOS-TVonDVD, Release it or sell it! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I completely understand when you don't want to release failed or old series like Battlestar Galactica/Sliders/Earth 2 (Universal), Space Above&Beyond/Alien Nation/Parker Lewis(Fox), Married with Children (Columbia), South Park/Babylon 5 (Warner) onto the open market, and devote so many in-house resources to these titles. However they DO have a large audience. Therefore, I suggest these possible techniques:
1- (Aka, the AnimEigo method) Estimate production costs and figure out how many sets you need to sell to make it worth your while. Then offer the set through your website . If you get X orders, then you send it to those people who paid for the production. That way, THE FANS paid for the mastering, and everything else is gravy!
2- Sell it to whomever is interested, so that they can put it out. If it's just going to sit in your vaults, and you don't think it'll make money, let someone else take the risk, you collect a royalty either way!
Whichever version you choose, YOU AND THE FANS BOTH WIN!
Thanks for listening,
Jeff Kleist

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
Come on...they can't do that....we might COPY something!
furious.gif

Wouldn't want anyone to get away with that now, would we?...
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I agree. Release Battlestar Gallactica!
Oh yeah, or give it to someone who'll do a good job with it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I too would love to see more tv shows on dvd. I was getting ten different tv shows from Columbia House. But, I cancelled them ALL when dvd came out. I refuse to purchase any tv show until they are released on dvd. And from what new shows CH was adding I might have added another 3-4 more shows.
[Edited last by todd s on October 05, 2001 at 09:38 PM]

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree. If a show is released on DVD in season sets, I buy it if I have even the slightest interest in the series. I think DVD is a great medium on which TV shows can be released. TV shows and DVD are a terrific combination, in my opinion.
Columbia - you own 3 of my favorite series that I would buy in a heartbeat if released in DVD season sets - Married ... With Children, NewsRadio, and the Critic. Think about it. :)
[Edited last by Scott_J on October 05, 2001 at 05:59 PM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Any member who's seen my new sig will know automatically that I definately support this idea!
Not just the ones pictured, either. Sliders, for example, would be extremely welcome! And too many more to name right here.
What's the holdup? Can't you tell that the demand is out there? Or are you waiting for M*A*S*H to convince you?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I agree. Alot of fan base for all of those shows. May personal favorite being South Park. Because of Warners lack of season-by-season DVD's I am going to be purchasing a Malata dvd player and buying them from the UK. Shame to becuase that's alot of money that Warner could have had. I also noticed The Tick and The Critic mentioned. Definitely a must have because these are 2 damn fine shows.
------------------
Sorry about the previous Sig.
"Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for sega."-Brodie Bruce
South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD
[Edited last by Brett Hancock on October 05, 2001 at 08:06 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks