All Studios! No stickers directly on DVD case, please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil Joseph, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    The Shrek sticker was a pain and trying to remove it only spoiled the case. Now Dreamworks has gone ahead and done it again with Spirit: SOTC.
    Please, if you have to place stickers directly on the DVD case then use the ones that can be easily peeled off. Why bond it on there with crazy glue?
    This applies not just to Dreamworks but all studios.

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Post Edited By Administrator - Please, No Insulting Comments.

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

Universal Canada sometimes puts a small sticker on the ack of the cases that will leave a very sticky reside no matter what I do to try and take it off so now the back of one of my X-Men cartoon cases is all messed up with stickiness.
    I think Alliance Atlantis did the same with a few of their releases. Blade: Platinum Edition comes to mind right now.

4. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

My copy of Band of Brothers had the security tag on the back and when removed it ripped off part of the cover, which now does not look very nice. I have to say I am rather disappointed with that.

I have had several DVDs that got "ruined" by trying to remove the security tag. Some DVDs even have them well hidden or not reachable at all. I wish we one day wold be able to live without them.

Ron Birk

5. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

I got Spirit from Dreamworks last night and it took me 30 minutes trying to remove that huge very sticky thing all over the front of the DVD. I tried my best but the case is still damaged. I cannot understand why they would do such a thing. It really hurts to buy something brand new and then the product looks like it been in the dryer, tumbling for hours.

To me it would be fine to put the stickers etc outside the plastic cover. That way it is very easy to remove it.

Ron Birk