What's new

all studios GET through your head NO OAR = NO SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah W

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sick of waiting for a film to be released on DVD only to find out when it is released it's in P&S only:frowning: ,how many threads must we start to get WS dvds of ALL movies:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Note the signature... I will NEVER buy a DVD of a film that isn't presented in its original aspect ratio. In fact, I have pretty much stopped buying widescreen DVD's that aren't anamorphic.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I avoid all non-OAR discs whenever possible. I very much prefer anamorphic transfers for 1.66:1 and higher, but it's not a big deal for 1.85:1 and lower to me. Some Like It Hot isn't anamorphic, but the quality is pretty good. It technically doesn't lose any resolution, but it doesn't gain any, either. I will avoid 2:1 to 2.76:1 films that are non-anamorphic unless it's exceptional like The Abyss.
Of my 80-some DVD's, only one is incorrectly presented (excluding the cheated 2.75:1 transfer for Ben-Hur...but that's another story) and it's Vegas Vacation. I'll admit that I haven't viewed it since January of 2001. I very well could view it more if it had been matted. :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I bought "Vegas Vacation" on LASERDISC, along with a few other movies Warner messed up on DVD. If this happens with any forthcoming movies though, I won't even HAVE that choice anymore!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks