What's new

All stores who rent or sell DVD's--we will only rent or buy OAR films! (1 Viewer)

Clint B

Second Unit
Yes, I know that this is very similar to a thread in the studio and manufacturer's feedback section, but this part of the forum is geared toward the retailers. It doesn't hurt to let them hear it again. OAR or no sale/rental!!

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Amen.

If all I can get for my money is pan n' scan, then I'll quit watching DVDs and sell my players too.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Everyone who knows me knows I am adament when it comes to oar. You have my support.

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
I'm especially annoyed at the following stores:
COSTCO: when there are dual-release titles, why do you refuse to stock the OAR version! I am on the verge of cancelling membership because this annoys me so much! At least get both versions. If you only get one version, get the OAR, which means w-i-d-e-s-c-r-e-e-n for most recent titles.
BORDER'S BOOKS & MUSIC: even your information desk staff think your stocking P&S Mummy Returns but not the OAR version was stupid. He sighed and said the staff already complained by email to your central purchasing, but you just don't get it. Promote that guy at your Honolulu store to replace your central purchasing staff!
BLOCKBUSTER: Just another brick in the wall. You lost me already with your blockhead no-unrated/no-NC17 policy that virtually censors Hollywood. First, at least realize that OAR is NOT an option button on the DVD player's remote!
Did somebody say ... No OAR = No Sale!

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Updating my short list of B&M stores:
In the past few weeks, I've noticed the Honolulu Borders Books & Music now has the OAR version of every dual-release DVD that I could see on its shelves, including the Mummy Returns. Thanks for improving !!! Or, I should say mahalo! Is this true at other Borders' locations too?
I hope this reflects a store-wide new policy. If so, good and timely news, given the rumored new policy by Blockbuster to begin to stock the OAR versions of new DVDs with dual P&S / OAR releases (we'll soon see!).
No such good news for Costco. Still stocking only P&S versions of dual releases. Boo, hiss to Costco.
P.S. In case the brevity of this thread appears to reflect limited interest, then B&M stores reading this better check the 139-and-counting posts on this related thread: "We Will Not Tolerate P&S Only!"

Users who are viewing this thread