All-Star Home Run Contest

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Balcziak, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

So far, so good, but that audio mix on the ESPN broadcast is the worst live sports sound I've ever heard. Can't somebody run down to the broadcast truck and tell them to back down the crowd noise?

2. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    just turned it on right now and bonds is on. (thunderstorming out now so I'm in from the stampede, David Usher concert probably cancelled, dunno if they'll have it now, maybe another night?)

why can't they use that camera angle all the time in baseball?? you can see so much more, the ball actually looks bigger...

the kids are funny in the outfield...

how do they get the grass to look like that with the visible stars ?? I've always wondered this because at all the ballparks the grass looks almost different colors, criss crosses, stripes, etc...

and as for the audio mix, I think it's supposed to be like that because the All Star weekend is all about the fans. so turn up the crowd noise!! then again i'm watching the game rebroadcasted by the score up in canada, so maybe it's a little different but I don't think so.