What's new

All Star Baseball 2003-I am awful at it! (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
So I bought all star baseball 2003 for the PS2 and overall I really like it. I'm getting good at hitting but I keep having problems winning the game. I'm playing a season as the Red Sox and I'm 2-4(and I simulated one game and got a win). I'm playing on rookie BTW. I can come out to an early lead but I always blow it in like the 6th or 7th inning. In my game today I was up 6-0 at one point but ended up losing 10-8. Nomar had 3 homeruns, and Ramirez had five hits but I still lost. I think I had 15 or 16 hits total but the Royals just took it to me during the 5th or 6th inning. Anyone have any ideas on how I can maintain my lead? I've gotta be doing something wrong. I'm making sure my pitchers don't get tired but there's gotta be something I'm not doing. Thanks for any tips.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Pitch selection and location are probably hurting you. I regularly go to a full count in that game when pitching to a good team. Every once in a while, a hitter might pull a pitch from an odd location and drive it out of the park, but for the most part, there are spots where a hitter cannot hit homers/doubles/triples from (hot/cold zones).

Also, make sure some of your pitchers have at least 1 fastball, 1 off speed pitch, and 1 pitch with a lot of motion (knuckle, knucklecurve, cutter).

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
So I tried another game this evening. I was winning by two and was trying to bunt. I had noticed the game was acting odd(there was no crowd noise for some reason) low and behold, it froze up when I was about to bunt(it was like the 5th inning). I decided to reset it and try to play the game again. This time, I ended up winning 8-4. Manny Ramirez was 4-4 with 3 homeruns I think. I think 6 of my 8 runs were from homeruns or multi run homeruns. Either way, I finally won again. I was much better with my bullpen management(making sure to have a guy warmed up just in case) and I made extensive use of the hot cold chart which helped immensely IMHO. I think I'll play a few more games on rookie and then bump it up a notch to see if I can take it. On a side note, how do I change my starting pitcher before the game begins? Somehow it got set to someone other than Pedro and know I can't get him to start the game. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks