All-right were getting Dr.Shrinker..now wheres??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Jan 15, 2005.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

According to a rumor over at www.tvshowsondvd.com Dr.Shrinker is coming to dvd. Now that its coming to dvd how about some other 70's Saturday morning favs...

-Ark II
    -Shazam/Isis

[​IMG]

2. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

I was a little surprised too. A curious release. I don't recall this one all that well.

It seems that many of the single season or complete season programs are being released from the Krofft library right now.

It will be fun seeing this show again...

I know a lot of people are wondering where Sigmund the Sea Monster is, but there are so many shows in this vault to be released.

3. Tony J Case

Tony J Case Cinematographer

Doctor Shinker?!? WOOOOT! Next to Land of the Lost, this was my favorite Krofft show.

The only problem is - if they're doing a disc of Shinker, that pretty much Torpedos any hope of getting the Krofft Supershow on disc intact. While we may see Wonderbug and ElectraWoman and DynaGirl someday, we'll get no Kaptain Kool and the Kongs - and that makes me sad.

Beyond Dr Shinker, I think I'd have to go with Lost Saucer and Far Out Space Nuts as the two Krofft shows I want to see most on disc. (Well, I also want Bigfoot and Wildboy, based on the one episode from the World of Sid and Marty boxed set. That show was a BLAST!)

4. JoSAN

JoSAN Second Unit

5. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    Dr. Shrinker, along with Wonderbug and Electrowoman & Dynagirl, were the in-between shows, lasting about 12 minutes per episode. I would have thought that they could fit all episodes of all these three shows in one collection. I'm surprised that Dr. Shrinker is receiving its own set.

6. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    ABC briefly spun "Dr. Shrinker" out of the Krofft Supershow in the late 70s for a season into its own half-hour, comprised of 2 12-minute installments. These may have, in fact, been reruns and not original installments.

I was fortunate to have a VHS tape of the first 13 shows, and the thing I love first and foremost about the show is the AWESOME THEME SONG!!
    "Dr. Shrinker, Dr. Shrinker! He's a madman with an evil mind...Dr. Shrinker, Dr. Shrinker! He's as crazy as you'll ever find! " And so it goes...

I loved Jay Robinson and Billy Barty; great pairing between the two, and greatly overplayed just enough to scare young minds like mine! They made Saturday mornings worth getting up for!

7. Don Giro

Don Giro Supporting Actor

Don

I saw a few of these shows a few years back as part of some Krofft marathon, which set off a whole slew of Saturday morning memories for me. What I remembered most was that I thought Dynagirl wore an ENORMOUS amount of makeup even when I was 12, and that kissing her on the lips would probably taste awful. I wanted to know exactly what that actress looked like under all the face paint. I still do, come to think of it...

8. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    "Hugo...don't tempt me!" [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    "Shrinkies!!"