What's new

All Region DVD players (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Looking for recommendations on all region dvd players.

What brands are good?

What do I need to pay to get a decent player?

Where are some good places to buy all region players?

I don't want to spend a fortune on one and I've seen some prices on players that look pretty good in the $120 range.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Reg

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
We use a Yamaha DVS-5650 with region hack to change it to region 0. It converts PAL to NTSC (and back), RCE compatible, and it's only $120 when we bought it.

Jay Blair

Second Unit
For $70 to $80 you can get the Toshiba SD-4900 that does great PAL to NTSC and has an easy to apply region free hack available for download at www.dvdrhelp.com

The Toshiba also has DVD-Audio. The Toshiba SD-3900 is the same but with no DVD-Audio. Above average video quality for a player in this price range.

Dale B

Stunt Coordinator
We have a Mazels store in our area that has some daewoo players that play all region dvd's and will play pal and ntsc on any tv. Don't scourn me for this, because I don't know anything about daewoo, except they quit making cars. The prices are 39.00 for a dvn-8100n, and 49.00 for the dvn-3100n. For the price I just may pick one up and try lt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks