All quiet on the Holadem front - for now.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Holadem, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

At 9 days from being 24 years old, I find myself in these rare moments in life where I have no huge concern over my shoulders. To use a french expression, I don't have a Damocles sword hanging over my head.
    My experience in the last several years have been the following: there is a major crisis to solve every few months, some last longer. Problems that are always in your mind, at all times until they are solved. Or you learn to live with them, you adapt. Could be money, relationship or personal crisis.
    Right now I have some money issues that could be improved with better management and planing. They are triffles compared to what I had to deal with last year at this time. When money is your only worry, you are blessed.
    My girlfriend is moving in with me at the end of the week. That itself will bring it's own set of issues I am sure.
    In the mean time, my mind is quiet. How often does that happen? [​IMG]
    It seems happiness is the absence of major issues.
    Of course, the next big crisis, the next blow from life is looming. I know because there is always one. As often is the case, the wheels that will bring it to term are already in motion. I have no idea what it will be. All I know is that it will knock my socks off, just like all the others, and I will have to battle through it. I just pray that they come later than sooner and that do not all come at once, as often is the case.
    In the mean time, I am happy, right here, right now. And I think I deserve it. [​IMG]
    How are you doing?
    --
    Holadem - I just wanted to get that out [​IMG]

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Good except that you have not been getting back to any PM's that are heading your way [​IMG]
    Just thought that I would check I never got an email back after you said the Onkyo was still up for sale.
    KyleS

3. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

A friend of mine says that most people are experiencing one of three conditions:

You're either in a crisis, coming out of a crisis, or getting ready to get into a crisis!

Very true!

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I, too, am doing well.
    I've got at least a few weeks left on my current contract job (which I've had since the severence pay from being laid off ran out). It's getting to the point where I should start looking for something more permanent, but has also provided me with good resume-padding.
    After looking for a roommate for nearly as long, I've got one moving in in mid-August. By the way, people who say they'll move in on a date and then don't should be shot, thoroughly. This has happened to me twice, meaning I had to start the roommate search again from scratch each time - and miss the sweet "looking for a place at the start of June" period.
    Of course, it's my first female roommate, which should be all kinds of fun. I mean, even my grandmother was practically doing The Lascivious French Laugh this weekend - "Good luck with your new roommate, oh-ho-ho!"
    (FWIW, I ain't going there - she's got a boyfriend who's also starting grad school at the same time. But intelligent, attractive Harvard Grad students do tend to have intelligent, attractive Harvard Grad Student friends, right? [​IMG])

5. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Well you guys are lucky,Im in a bit of a rut myself.No job, broke, bills piling up...But I've never let any of it get the best of me "tough times dont last,tough people do" as a wise young man once told me.I cant even begin to think how to fix things,Thank god for a wonderful wife and the best damn family aguy could have.Its always good to know there are people that love you and will help you through tough times.Without them I'd be done for.

Luis S

6. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

Work's going smoothly, they keep giving me more money for my 24 weeks/year, I'm way ahead of my bills, I'm finally off the merry-go-round of an unsatisfactory nine year relationship. For the past couple of years I've been as close to having my ducks in a row as I can ever expect.
    I haven't wanted to mess with a good thing, but now I'm getting restless.
    It must be time for a new relationship (and the resultant chaos [​IMG])

7. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Working for the enemy (Wal-Mart...hey, I fight for OAR...I'm on your side!) has bought peace to my once-jangled nerves. When it's just you, a line of carts and an imagination stimulated by movies, TV and 3 or 4 bottles of Nestle Iced Tea, you kind of come to a new area in your life.

I'm 19, and I've gone through some heavy shit most everywhere, whether in my personal life, on vacation, or even here at the HTF. I somehow feel that I've weathered the big storms, and now I can sail a little smoother. Of course, if I had a girlfriend to give me a stiff breeze, that would be nice...but love will have to wait, I guess.

Sincerely,

John "I'm telling you...caffeinated beverages can get your brain's mojo working overtime and a half" Kilduff

8. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Yeah, that was planning, not just taking the first person willing to write a check...
    As to the "clean" thing... Well, she's got three brothers and pretty much says she "fit in". We both know what we're getting in to. [​IMG]

10. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor