What's new

All Nine PA Coal Miners Found Alive (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
According to news reports and confirmed by the Governor of PA, contact has been made with the miners trapped in Somerset, Pennsylvania and all nine are alive. Can't wait to see the footage as these guys come out. Great work from all involved in the rescue effort. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
Once in a while there is good news to report. Let's hope the good news trend continues. And while we're at it, will the heat never end????:rolleyes

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic news! It's great to see a happy ending to this situation given all of the recent news involving kidnappings.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
This is good news. I must admit...the news had me tearing up last night when they started making the comparisons to the Baby Jessica incident. I am glad for the men.

Bruce

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
i live in pittsburgh...not far from somerset...and have been watching this all night. its is about 2:00 AM here now.

The report is so far 4 of the nine miners are out. The first was complaining of minor chest pain, and one other had a hurt right shoulder..but all are said to be in good spirits. Make that miner #5 being pulled up as i type this.

All the miners are being put in a decpresurising(sp?) unit to help their bodies cope with the change of pressure.

so as of now we have 5 of 9 out and alive.....

later
alan

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Six Seven of the miners are now out. :emoji_thumbsup: Alan, from the news reports I've seen, the decompression chambers are not being used because the air pressure below ground had been stabilized by the air being pumped down there. That's why things are able to move so quickly. Looking forward to hearing firsthand accounts from the miners on how they managed.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
All are now safe and with their families in the Hospital. Finally, a potential tragedy with a happy ending. We really needed this kind of news for a change. Congratulations to all who participated in the rescue efforts.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I caught this on msnbc.com last night. Good news, indeed. As Ken said, every so often, we get some good news in this world. The other bit of good news in the past few days was the discovery that the little girl who was kidnapped in Philadelphia was found alive, and the police caught the two suspects! It's not often we get good news these days. Cherish it.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Pretty damn cool...Coal mining is still one of the most dangerous occupations out there. Good news indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks