What's new

All My Movies software for organizing DVD collections. Anybody else use it? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thanks Mary, i guess brandy didnt want to post a link.
I did find that web site after a search but wasn't positive if it was the right one.

i do use dvdpedia, i had mentioned that in a post but i accidently
deleted the post somehow.
dvdpedia also has an app for the iphone that works great.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
The cast and crew data from IMDB is frequently wrong. Additionally the technical specs are notoriously wrong as well. Of course it all looks good, in that they actually have data. Most people just assume that it's correct simply because the data is there and they can't be bothered to look any deeper.

IMDB is right more often than it's wrong, but it's not much of a challenge to find errors.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Yea, i noticed the DVD Profiler submissions have almost stopped. Sure, you have new titles added, thats still easy to do. But, try to add something, like a temp cast listing for a TV show and you get shot down. I can only imagine how you would feel if you spent hours doing a TV show listing, and get declined for some typo, or you have the cast listing out of order.
But its still a great program, that still meets my needs. I also use DVDSpot. Its free, so you cant beat that!

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil

Same with Collectorz (Movie Collector). It's really a kicking program, unfortunately the next version will remove ALL information lookup support like IMDB with the exception of their own (inferior and incomplete) database. :angry:

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Collectorz is removing all other search options besides their database in the 6.0 release. It's heavily discussed in their support forum with users saying its a bad idea, but the program owner seems pretty committed to making it happen no matter what anybody thinks. I know that I'll not be upgrading to 6.0. I stopped upgrading book and CD collector when the charged to go to 5.0 but kept movie because I liked it. Guess I'm going to be stopped by the missing "features" in the next upgrade :frowning:

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Simkiss
Did anyone ever find out why dvdspot shut down?

Im not sure whether to rebuild my collection on DVD profiler? I tried the free version a few years ago and it seemed to be lacking in the Region 2 department and as my collection is mainly Region 2 it might not be worth it.

Not sure what to do :/

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
All My Movies takes covers from Amazon and DVD-Empire. The ones from Amazon now have a wide white border, shot at an angle, or show discs hanging out of them making the shot even smaller. Of course DVD-Empire's covers have "Copyright Materials" on the artwork. I like a clean high resolution cover so I can print them out in a cover report.

maxic

Auditioning
Real Name
Max
Hmm. All My Movies v5.2 is able to import Collectorz.com Movie Collector data... Seems like undocumented feature.

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil

I agree, I've used Movie Collector for years which was a top of the line program, but the removal of the other search options has killed it for me, so I won't be upgrading and looking for another program. The Collector's owner also said they'll be offering a hosting service (paid of course) for people to host their collections. HTML and other export features will still be available in v6, however (like the multiple search option) I believe will soon disappear so users will be forced to use their hosting service. I believe (contrary to what he's claiming) this is one of the reason he's doing this since IMDB, Amazon and the like do not allow their information to be published on other servers. It's an EXTREMELY short-sighted decision with the shallow hope of creating a revenue stream. I've beta tested software for years, used many different software programs and have consulted with software companies and I can't even begin to count how many other companies I've seen piss of their customers like this and end up seeing them jumping ship and the company fold or get bought up.

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil

Just tried it, even though it looks nicer, most of the functionality is severely lacking (Collectorz database)! Also a WARNING, make sure you back up your v5 information on removable media, when you install the new version. It over-writes your v5 files and you'll be forced to upgrade.

I might give All My Movies a try.

FillHy

Auditioning
Real Name
NAtali
I've been using Movienizer for quite a while and find it super! I like that it's quite easy to use, the menu bar is friendly. It takes only several clicks to download all movie info from many databases, and I can also add my sites to those that are already in the database.
And it's for free!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks