All my Computers are Freezing!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Adam Sanchez, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Hey everyone,

First off, I recently posted about setting up a wireless network and I think that might have releveance to this new problem so you might need to read that post first.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=136189

Anyway I'm having a problem with ALL 3 of my computers and it kind of hit me tonight when my stepdad was on his and I was on my desktop and it happened at near the same time that it might be a NETWORKING problem. Best I can remember, it only seems to happen when I am using any internet related program: AOL, IE, Etc. I also realized tonight that this problem seems to of cropped up right after I got my wireless access point and added it to the current network. Could I have some settings seriously wrong that is causing this?

When it first started happening, I did the standard check of my drives with virus scan, disk defrag and everything checked out. When it comes to networking, I know little. All 3 computers are sharing one cable modem connection using Windows XP, a Hub, and now a Access Point for my Laptop. About the only thing set manually is my AP's IP. Could the problem lie there? I have to think that this is all related. Like I said, it seems to of started right when I added the AP.

Any help or suggestion would be great.

Thank you.

2. Adam Sanchez

Oh and I forgot to mention that when these freezes occur, they will almost always eventualy recover if I let it sit, but it can take a minute or two and other parts of windows will appear to be normal.

3. Adam Sanchez

My wireless connection from my laptop also seems to randomly go out and just as random come back. I know it's not the range, I'm in an apartment and can not get any further than 15 feet from the AP. I don't know if this is related to anything but think it might also be a IP setting problem.

4. Adam Sanchez

No one has any ideas huh? Yikes this may be a more serious problem than I thought.