What's new

ALL MEMBERS: Tell Columbia/TriStar Which Shows YOU WANT released to DVD - Your vote COUNTS! (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
One Day at Time--Valerie Bertinelli. Yum!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Maude--Adrienne Barbeau in tight sweaters. Yum!

Partridge Family- Young Susan Dey. Yum!

Guess where my mind is? :D

LennyP

Supporting Actor
At first I was excited when I saw the thread, but after following the link, there is not a single good show that I'd want. :thumbsdown:

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
Tried to vote NewsRadio five times, but no such luck. :frowning:

1) NewsRadio
2) Soap
3) The Tick
4) Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
5) Silver Spoons

Not just filler, I'd more than likely buy the other four... but I really want NewsRadio!

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Why didn't Columbia offer "What's Happening!!" in their poll? I think more people would rather have that than One Day at a Time or Who's the Boss? I certainly would. Anyway, I voted for Barney Miller, Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Silver Spoons, and I Dream of Jeannie.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
WHAT ? Nobody is voting for T.J. Hooker ? I realize its a cheesy cop show with captain kirk and the cop show of today "the shield" would probably make it look like romper room, but it was good fun. I thought about voting for it #1 thru #5 but of course i didn't. With it ranking that low in current votes i guess there is no shot of it being released. No young heather lockler in a police uniform DARN! :frowning:

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
I checked IMDB, and I can't find the major distributing company, but with only 2 seasons, it would be a joy to see on DVD:

Men Behaving Badly

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Why didn't Columbia offer "What's Happening!!" in their poll? I think more people would rather have that than One Day at a Time or Who's the Boss? I certainly would. Anyway, I voted for Barney Miller, Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Silver Spoons, and I Dream of Jeannie.
I'd buy What's Happening in a heartbeat. I think your list is identical to mine, except I had Father Knows Best for Barney Miller. No matter, because that was just my filler answer and I wouldn't buy FKB. What's Happening would have been an exciting choice.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I believe What's Happening to already be in-the-works, but that's just my opinion based on circumstancial evidence. Take it with a grain of salt.

I wouldn't mind T.J. Hooker on DVD at all. OTOH, it's not a priority to me compared to others on that list. It's not in the top five, and perhaps not in the top ten. I suspect most others feel the same way about it. S.W.A.T., on the other hand, would be higher up on my list if it had been in the poll.

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if this means my vote won't count, but I only could see 4 I would honestly purchase - Bewitched, Fantasy Island, News Radio and Benson (although since noone has mentioned it in this thread I bet noone else is voting for it =p) so I just said "go" once I had submitted 4 and it accepted it and thanked me for voting.

Maybe all you guys didn't need to "pad" it up to 5, but if so, the website should have definately said "if you'd only buy 3, just pick 3 =p" :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I believe What's Happening to already be in-the-works, but that's just my opinion based on circumstancial evidence. Take it with a grain of salt.
You've said Sanford and the Jefferson sold very well for C/TS, and I would imagine there's some audience overlap there. I know I always liked all three. Not sure if I'd be there for What's Happening Now, though. I can't remember if I liked it or not. I think it was okay.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
If and when we have this chat with Mr. Blythe, I'll have to ask him about [GET SMART]
I would venture a guess that GET SMART, like the other Republic properties Paramount inherited, will probably have to wait until the license with Artisan expires. Doesn't mean they can't prepare, just means they won't be out 'til my best guess 2005.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I noted as well that Charlie's Angels was missing from their hour longs shows...hopefully that means that it is coming in the proper form....FULL SEASONS!

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
I thought Columbia/Tri-Star (or as I think it's now Sony Pictures Television...) had Seinfeld too! Doesn't anyone else want to see that on DVD? That would be a must have for me!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Seinfeld is Warner property via Castle Rock.

(And words can't express how much I would not only ignore it, but resent its shelf space)

Jamie Cole

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to jinx it, but I'm really thinking NewsRadio on DVD is a foregone conclusion, and I expect to see it soon. Like Cynthia, I tried to vote for it five times.

Looking at that list I honestly can't see any other show beating it out in that particular poll, but then I guess there is no accounting for taste. :)

Not only would I buy it as soon as it hit the shelves, I would start going to B&Ms the weekend before the Tuesday it's scheduled and scour the shelves for any early shipments.

I'll buy every season, even the one with Lovitz, even though I dearly love Mr. Hartman (RIP).

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Not only would I buy it as soon as it hit the shelves, I would start going to B&Ms the weekend before the Tuesday it's scheduled and scour the shelves for any early shipments.
I'm so there! I started thinking what features could be included on Newsradio DVDs, then I figured there wouldn't be any. We've been spoiled by Buffy, The Simpsons, and Star Trek: TNG. :)

Also, I hope that, if they actually release Newsradio on DVD, they will see fit to put season 1 and 2 in the same set, since season 1 was only 6 or 7 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks