1. I only have a couple days to make a decision about the front and center speakers for a HT. For the front left/right speakers I'm limited to a space about 16.5"x8" (WxH) and for the center it can be about any width but must fit in the 8" for height. I'm thinking about installing a JBL HTI55 for the center channel and JBL SP5's for the left and right. These speakers would all be built in to a custom wall unit. I'm going to have boxes built around the speakers installed in the entertainment center.

Is this a good decision?

What about using 3 HTI55's in the front (left/center/right)?

I haven't decided on a amp yet. It needs to support 7.1 SS, only needs one zone. Any suggestions? Price needs to be on the lower end (< $500.00).

The room is about 15'x13'. One side has an open stairwell going up.

The room is wired for 7.1 SS. What would be a good match for the rear left/right and side left/right? I was thinking about going all JBL in-wall speakers. Maybe SP5's for the sides and SP6's for the rears. Would the SP6's in the rear over power the SP5's and HTI55 in the front/center?

Would a JBL E150P be a good pick for a subwoofer? Or is Velodyne better?

Thanks for any (quick) answers! [​IMG]

david.

2. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
  3. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

You really need to consider price. The JBL E150 can be found for as low as $150 while the E250 has been as low as $200. You won't do much better than that.

For under $150 I would consider the dayton.

If you can swing $400 then you have more options such as offerings from SVS. Ignore the MSRP from JBL though.

Also remember that everyone here has opinions but as with subwoofers, and any speakers placement and room set-up is also key. Figure out your price point first and then try some out.

4. John Pine

John Pine
    I agree with Dorian if you can't swing $400 for the SVS than don't buy anything! Hehehe no...I'm just kidding, but seriously wait and get the SVS if at all possible. Other-wise, you could consider the Dayton. It's a solid performer for the price and has gotten plenty of press at this site.

5. John Pine

John Pine
    Sorry Dave, I'm not familiar with those models.

6. Gabriela Mendez

Gabriela Mendez Stunt Coordinator

This is my setup:

JBL SVA18000 Front L/R
    JBL EC35 center
    JBL N28II Rear L/R
    JBL E30 Rear Back L/R
    Dayton 10' Sub

Until I finally used my denon 2200 with dvd-a / sacd, I could hear how the speakers performed and it sounds great at 5.1. All the speakers in stereo mode 7 sound great too. Other combinations mostly depend on receiver/amp/dvd setting. See no reason why your setup wouldn't work.