What's new

All In Wonder question (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
I plan on using one of the ATI AIW cards to record football games shows via Direct TV. The AIW card says that I can get up to 125 channels on the tuner. My concern is how the 125 channels are determined. Is it the first 125 channels from 1-125 or can I choose which channels I want to record?

My fear is that if the channels are predetermined, I may not be able to record the games that I want.

Thanks

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
channels 1 through 125 refers to set frequencies that your tuner can "tune" in. these are "over the air" or analog cable frequencies that your tuner is capable of tuning in, not satellite or some other means of recieving a television channel.

if you are attempting to record something from a digital cable source, satellite, or some other non-analog standard source, you will need to hook up a digital tuner box that decodes the channel and then that box will output a signal that you can attach to your AIW card and record like that.

Tim Robbins

Agent
The above poster is correct in saying that the 125 channels is for receiving cable or antenna programming, the all in wonder card has a tuner, so it acts like a tv in that respect.

If you want to record from satellite, you simply plug your sat receiver into the AIW card using rca (audio & video, or s-video), and select that input when you open up the software.

That's what I do.

Tim

Martice

Screenwriter
So in other words, hook my DTV cable box up to my AIW card and then run the video cable back to my tv?

This is how I understand it. Is this correct?

Tim Robbins

Agent
Here's what I do...

My analogue sources (sat, vcr, etc) are hooked up to my HT receiver (Integra 6.3) via a/v cables. then, I run a/v (rca ) cables to my AIW's a/v input, from the output of my integra (video 2 out, just like a vcr). Now open the TV tuner player, and select the composite (or s-vid) input instead of the coax cable. Now what ever I select on my HT is output to the computer. I can then record using the AIW TV player, this is an easy way to record vhs to your computer as well. Just capture and burn to disc etc.

If your not using a full HT, just get Y splitters and send the rca to the main tv and then to the AIW.

This set up does NOT send signals from your computer back to your TV.

Hope this helps (btw I have an AIW 8500 DV card)

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks