All in Wonder 9800 pro

Discussion in 'Computers' started by wilfred_chan, Jun 11, 2004.

1. wilfred_chan

wilfred_chan Auditioning

hey guys im wondering if anyone can help me with my problem with this aiw 9800 pro, i just recently built a computer cause i was bored it has an asus k8v se deluxe with an amd 64 3200+ 1 gig corsair ram and the ati all in wonder 9800 pro last week i jsut finishd setting up the windows XP pro and everything is working fine except for the all in wonder i was trying to watch tv thru my monitor with guideplus but im only getting certain channels one of the reason i built tis damn computer is so i would be able to watch STARGATE in hi def but with the all in wonder it shows the channel but its all scrambled can it be my cable? or was it just a wrong set up? or it product is not really meant to show u all channels? can sum1 pls help me

2. wilfred_chan

wilfred_chan Auditioning

oh yeah one more thing the picture quality when i watch tv is poor its snowy i guess u call it COMB or sumting like that

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Well, it can only do basic cable, so if your sci-fi is on one of the cable companies "digital channels" the card wont be able to tune to it. You will need to go through your cable box, and then hook into the AIW. You will have to manually change channels on your cable box and leave the AIW software on ch. 3 I think. One last thing, the AIW isn't an HD capable card. .,.,.,.,..,,,.,.,,..,,,..,,..,.,,..,.,

4. wilfred_chan

wilfred_chan Auditioning

well i tried that too. i connected my cable box to the computer and still nothing, i kindda had high expectations from this video card so if anyone could help me with my problem i highly appreciate it

5. wilfred_chan

wilfred_chan Auditioning

well i tried that too. i connected my cable box to the computer and still nothing, i kindda had high expectations from this video card so if anyone could help me with my problem i highly appreciate it

6. RandyMcc

RandyMcc Agent

Did you try leaving your cards channel on 3, and running the Sat/Cable output to your card? Thats what I ahd to do with my old tv card.

7. RandyMcc

RandyMcc Agent

Did you try leaving your cards channel on 3, and running the Sat/Cable output to your card? Thats what I ahd to do with my old tv card.