What's new

All In the Family? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I was just wondering if anyone here had an official word yet on whether or not the upcoming release of All In the Family: Season One was the syndicated version of the show or not. I know some of us had some concerns about this a while back but now those concerns seem to have kinda dissapeared. Does anyone have any official word on this? I look foward to purchasing this but I don't want to purchase it syndicated. Thanks.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
WHY would anybody come out with a chopped-up, diluted DVD set of ANY TV show? The DVD-phile outcry would be deafening! Nothing could be more stupid!!

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I didn't realize, until I was checking out the special features on the Fawltey Towers set, that All in the Family was based on the UK series Till Death Do Us Part(1965-1975?)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Philip, that was actually mentioned in the small print of th credits of every episode, as I recall.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
re: Till Death Us Do Part
BFS Entertainment has licensed this series from the BBS, and is putting out a 189-minute box set for an SRP of $39.98.
Street date is March 26th. :D
It does not specify how many episodes it contains, nor how many discs are included (although the VHS set looks like 3 tapes, and the DVD package design looks like a 2-disc-set width if using Alpha Case instead of Digipak).
It doesn't say if this is a season, a best-of, or what.
It only states that the Special Features are that it "Includes Special Christmas Episode, Biographies, Selected Filmographies, Interactive Menus, Scene Selection".
Heck, it doesn't even specify it's Region 1, although I can presume it since I'm looking at the full-page ad for it on the back cover page of the new (2/17-2/23) issue of Video Store Magazine!
I went to their website and located the same ad on-line, although lay-out is rearranged it is exactly the same info and cover art and everything, just minus 5 "screen-shot" pics (including one character that looks a LOT like Edith Bunker!). If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader (you definately do if you can read Best Buy's weekly onlne ads at their website), I'm including a link to the .PDF file here.
I don't see it available for preorder anywhere yet, but that follows as it is just hitting the trade magazine now. Probably a last-minute effort to capitalize on AITF's release, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks