All In The Family Season 1 not domestically released in Canada ?!?!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Paynter, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

I walked into HMV and saw an overpriced copy of this disc ($85.00 CDN). I don't as a rule buy from them because they are the most expensive B&M on the planet. But when I went online, I couldn't find it on their website, or on A&B Sound's page. Amazon sells it for about $36.00 US. It appears that this is not being issued in Canada.

What kind of dingbats and meatheads work at CTHV anyway? This is a big insult.

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Keith,
    The dingbats and meatheads don't have the rights to release the series in Canada. HMV has obviously imported the series from the States so you're paying their outrageous markup on something that they have to import, which explains the pricetag.
    That'll teach you to go into HMV [​IMG]
    Gord

3. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

So us Canuckians are SOL Gord? Gotta get from the US?

Drat...

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I will answer that on Gord's behalf, who's on-the-road for a couple of days.

Yes, you Canucks must get it from the USA. The same will be true for Jeffersons and Sanford & Son, I'm 99.9% sure.

Sorry!

5. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

Damn you CHTV - release your TV shows up here properly, or we will keep your president here after the G8 and keep him on steady diet of donuts and Canadian beer, eh? [​IMG]

6. David Lambert

Okay, good news for Canadian fans of The Jeffersons and Sanford & Son. I was 100% wrong.
    Both of those titles are confirms to be released in Canada on the same date as they release in the USA: August 6th.
    Apparently the only rights issues for Canada are indeed with All In The Family. And while I am sorry that you have to deal with that, at least you can stop worrying about the other two!
    I will bring it up with Gord that we must mark on the site rather plainly all releases that are specific to Canada (like Smallville will be next Tuesday) and all that are specific to the USA, like All In The Family. Gord put a red-color-text note in the description for Smallville that it was Canadian-only...do you guys think something like that is enough? I'm just looking for ideas here before I discuss with Gord.
    In the meantime, here are links to buy All In The Family from some popular e-tailers, who should all ship to Canada:
    Amazon
    DVDEmpire
    DVDPlanet

7. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

Well, it's my son's favorite show, and since he's having surgery today with a two week recovery period, I just pre-ordered it for him from a Canadian etailer. Cost me less than $14. Just hoping it gets here quickly....

8. David Lambert

Who from, Stephen, for under $14? Just curious.

9. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

I'm using DVD Soon, which fingers crossed...