What's new

All In The Family (Lost Pilots) (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Here's what we can expect in the March 26th All In The Family--Season 1 set (note the two pilots that we never see aired on TV. I doubt that these pilots will be included on the DVD though. Sure'd be nice though.) ........
http://classicsitcoms.com/shows/family1.html
family2.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Good looking list and an interesting site. Thanks for the link!

I agree that the pilots will not be on the initial Season 1 set. Perhaps if there is success with the series on DVD then maybe Columbia will put these out either in the final set as a bonus or make them available separately. While it would better go with the first set, they would be better placed anywhere rather than nowhere!

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
When TV Land first aired one of their All in the Family marathons, they aired one of the pilots with the different actors for Richard (Mike) and Gloria. It was very strange seeing different actors in those roles. They were both fairly bland as I recall. Glad they eventually went with Sally and Rob!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Only one of these pilots has been found. It is the second pilot, "Those Were the Days," which has Chip Oliver, Candice Azzara, and D'Urville Martin in it. It aired on TV Land in 1998.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
are there any other extras for this set. Also, how bad is the editing on all of the syndicated versions.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
No, there aren't any extras in the set.

Columbia TriStar is new to releasing non-animated shows on DVD, with their only other release being "Larry Sanders: Season One". Larry Sanders only had a 28 min interview on it. I found it rather odd that there weren't even chapters in the episodes of Larry Sanders. Columbia TriStar usually has 28 chapters for their animated shows which are turned into features (Jackie Chan Adventures and Roughnecks: The Starship Trooper Chronicles).

Gord

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I know the first pilot has supposedly never been rebroadcast, but I would swear I've seen it. I very clearly remember seeing a rerun of All in the Family that had a different Edith when I was a kid. She had dark brown, almost black hair and a very thick New York accent. I remember her saying, "Oh, Ahchie, Ahchie." It wasn't the first time it was broadcast, because I remember thinking, "Oh, she was an awful Edith. Thank God they replaced her." Maybe I saw a clip from it on some show?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks