All In The Family (Lost Pilots)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Von Pein, Feb 20, 2002.

1. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Here's what we can expect in the March 26th All In The Family--Season 1 set (note the two pilots that we never see aired on TV. I doubt that these pilots will be included on the DVD though. Sure'd be nice though.) ........
    http://classicsitcoms.com/shows/family1.html [​IMG]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Good looking list and an interesting site. Thanks for the link!

I agree that the pilots will not be on the initial Season 1 set. Perhaps if there is success with the series on DVD then maybe Columbia will put these out either in the final set as a bonus or make them available separately. While it would better go with the first set, they would be better placed anywhere rather than nowhere!

3. TomF

TomF Stunt Coordinator

When TV Land first aired one of their All in the Family marathons, they aired one of the pilots with the different actors for Richard (Mike) and Gloria. It was very strange seeing different actors in those roles. They were both fairly bland as I recall. Glad they eventually went with Sally and Rob!

4. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Only one of these pilots has been found. It is the second pilot, "Those Were the Days," which has Chip Oliver, Candice Azzara, and D'Urville Martin in it. It aired on TV Land in 1998.

5. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

are there any other extras for this set. Also, how bad is the editing on all of the syndicated versions.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Ryan, I hope to answer these questions just as soon as I get my copy in March. [​IMG]

7. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

No, there aren't any extras in the set.

Columbia TriStar is new to releasing non-animated shows on DVD, with their only other release being "Larry Sanders: Season One". Larry Sanders only had a 28 min interview on it. I found it rather odd that there weren't even chapters in the episodes of Larry Sanders. Columbia TriStar usually has 28 chapters for their animated shows which are turned into features (Jackie Chan Adventures and Roughnecks: The Starship Trooper Chronicles).

Gord

8. Brian W.

Brian W. Screenwriter

Brian
    I know the first pilot has supposedly never been rebroadcast, but I would swear I've seen it. I very clearly remember seeing a rerun of All in the Family that had a different Edith when I was a kid. She had dark brown, almost black hair and a very thick New York accent. I remember her saying, "Oh, Ahchie, Ahchie." It wasn't the first time it was broadcast, because I remember thinking, "Oh, she was an awful Edith. Thank God they replaced her." Maybe I saw a clip from it on some show?