What's new

All In The Family appears to be uncut! (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Not one to say "told ya so", but didn't I say a while ago that I bet that C/T just calculated the running time from 22 minutes X the number of episodes? Well, I'm glad that the running time was just a bad estimate and that the show is produced uncut. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Can anyone post some packaging shots? That'd be great. I'm just really curious how they laid this out.

~Kevin

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I plan for that on my review, if Gord doesn't mind.

If he minds then I'll post them here after the review's up, okay?

By Monday, I'm sure.

Tony_I

Stunt Coordinator
Tony I : Yes, that's the missing pilot, according to this post (which is the one I was thinking of...curse you for making my lazy ass go search for it! ).
Hehe... That's what I thought. I tried to dig up the post that you were referring to, but it didn't come up in my search.. :b
Thanks for digging it up.. :D I didn't know there was a different Edith in the first pilot. Nice read.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Columbia is also sending me a copy

to review on this forum.

Will be up next week.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
does anybody know off hand what stuff is cut from the nick at nite version that will be on the dvd.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Acording to Deep Discount Dvd, "Those Were the Days" is the official piolit that will be on the dvd

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ryan LB, DDD is wrong, unfortunately. I just reviewed the set, and neither pilot is anywhere on the disc. Of course the first one, "Justice for All", is lost...we mentioned that in an earlier post. The 2nd one, "Those Were The Days", is nowhere on these discs, either. I wish it had been; not including it was a missed oppurtunity.
I address this in my review, under the "Extras" section:
There has been some speculation as to whether the one known-to-still-exist pilot (the 2nd one, "Those Were The Days" - 1969) would be included in this set. Perhaps it was hidden as an Easter Egg? It's not. At least not that I can find. If it's there, it's very well hidden. As I've said before, the menus are very simple, and neither can I detect extra files on the disc by using unusual search methods.
The only thing resembling a "pilot" on these discs is Episode #1, "Meet the Bunkers". Both of the pilots and Ep. #1 all used the same basic script, which I address in the review.
My review of "All In The Family - The Complete First Season" is now up over at TVShowsOnDVD.com. It includes pictures of the packaging, just for my friend Kevin Porter. :D
It's wordy, as I tend to be. But I hope y'all enjoy it, and the set. I have no conception that this will sell more units on March 26th than a certain OTHER TV-on-DVD release hitting that day...but any fan of the show or of classic TV ought to pick it up.
EDIT: I neglected to mention it earlier, but my thanks goes out to HTFer Peter Apruzzese for his help on the video technical side of the review. Peter, I thanked you by name within the text of the review...much gratitude here!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks