All-in-one systems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jedidiah, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Auditioning

Yes, I know, I know... You all recommend that I buy a reciever and speakers and the like, but with my extremely limited budget, I just can't do it. [​IMG] I can pay around $300 or so.
    So, I am looking into getting an all-on-one home theater surround sound system. Any recommendations of models? Brands? What I should be looking for?
    Mucho thanks. [​IMG]

2. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

Above your budget: Onkyo HT-650 - very good speakers and solid reciever. Well-liked. ($499 @ Circuit City)

Just above your budget: Yamaha YHT-300 ($399 or less @ Best Buy). Some Pioneer all-in-ones @ Best Buy also fall into this catagory.

Right for your budget: Kenwood HTB-205 (around $299 @ Best Buy) There's also a Sony (HTDDW740) system that falls into this range and a Panasonic system that apparently comes with a DVD player (SCHT75 system) that currently is about $349, but there's also currently a $50 mail-in rebate (according to the Best Buy and Circuit City websites) for the system.

I highly recommend going to the store and taking a listen to the systems that you're considering and doing some additional research (reading customer reviews on sites like audioreview.com). You may also want to consider waiting and getting something a bit above your price range down the road.