All Creatures Great & Small

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Louis C, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Louis C

Louis C Supporting Actor

Seasons 1 and 2 are available and they are excellent transfers too, but I cannot find anything about when/if season 3 will be released.

Anyone have info? All I can find is VHS for season 3.

thanks

2. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

No word at all. I believe it was 11 months between Season 1 and Season so perhaps they'll be sticking with that timeframe. [​IMG]

I had heard that they were still finishing recording commmentaries for Season 3 episodes.

EDIT - By the way everyone, this is Simpsons we're referring to. [​IMG]

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Jeremy, that's funny. [​IMG]

Louis, if it really IS ACG&S you're talking about, it was actually 5 months (almost to the day!) between release of Series 1 and Series 2.

And, indeed, Series 3 (and 4) can be found on VHS. But don't expect either to be on DVD in the near future. On the five-month schedule, we ought to be thinking March for Series 3. But BBC America's schedule is pretty much published through May, and Series 3 on DVD is nowhere in sight at this time.

This may be explained by the fact that their hands are full with other much-sought after properties: Campion (starring Peter Davison of ACG&S!), Red Dwarf, a new Walking With... item ("Wlkg w/Cavemen" this time), Keeping Up Appearances, Father Ted (series 3), a couple of new Doctor Who's (sorry, no Peter Davison starrers this go-'round), Forsyte Saga, and (on the BFS Entertainment side) some more Inspector Morse's this summer, to supplement the batch they JUST released two weeks ago.

Plus the BBC just got Coupling out the door, as well as series 5 of As Time Goes By and, via Acorn, a new Lord Peter Wimsey series, a Poirot set, and a Cadfael release.

So the BBC is a Busy Busy Company right now, and have a lot of other properties to pay attention to. Never fear, they should get back around to All Creatures in the not too distant future.

4. Greg Krewet

Greg Krewet Stunt Coordinator
    Supporter

Thanks David
    I was under the impression that the Acorn media releases
    and BFS were seperate releasing companies and had no connection with the BBCAmerica outside of the fact that they
    all specialize in British series and material. It appears that BFS is an outlet for Granada Communications and Acorn
    has some connection with recent Masterpiece productions.
    Some interesting upcoming material from these companies that other viewers might be interested in is Inspector Cribb,an early PBS Mystery from the seventies, the current
    Inspector Foyle from Masterpiece Theater, The Bretts,
    an early Masterpiece theater, The Onedin Line, a long running British TV series dealing with mid 18th century
    shipping. BBC also has Danial Dorinda, an upcoming Masterpiece theater and 5 more seasons of Are you being Served and Yes Minister coming soon. Not announced but
    runored to be on the way is the new Doctor Zhivago
    miniseries with Sam Neill in the old Rod Steiger role which should arrive in the spring. It's a great time to be a British series watcher. Again, David I appreciate your contribution to the site and DVD on TV.
    Best
    Greg

5. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

Awww, come on, I thought it was a clever reference to the "All Creatures Great and Cheap" pet store in The Simpsons. [​IMG]

Ugh, too much useless Simpsons trivia floating around in my head. :b

6. Louis C

Louis C Supporting Actor

David, as always thanks for the info. Where do you find all this stuff?

ACGAS is such a fine series, and the restorations of seasons 1 & 2 are just fantastic.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer