All Access: Backstage (IMAX): DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronJB, Jan 11, 2002.

1. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

I don't know if many people were able to see this at IMAX theaters around the country, but last year there was a very entertaining concert film that played on the big IMAX screens called "All Access: Backstage". Featuring artists like Sting, Kid Rock, Sheryl Crow, Moby, Dave Matthews Band and Macy Grey, the film was quite well-produced (except for little hints of sponsor Certs that showed up occasionally in the film) and - importantly - it had an absolutely outstanding sound mix.

I was hoping that someone had some information if this was at all planned for a DVD release, because the film was a lot of fun (although probably less fun at home than on the IMAX) and the sound was simply amazing.

2. Jason Cole

Jason Cole Extra

I was at the show where they filmed the Al Green/Dave Matthews portion and I would love to get a copy of this. DO Imax films follow a standard release schedule ?

3. Doug_L

Doug_L Stunt Coordinator

I know somebody who was involved in the production of this movie. I've got a call into him, and hopefully he'll have some information.

Stay tuned.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Is the NSync IMAX movie coming out too? Go ahead and laugh, but I have a sick desire to see this.

5. Jakob_S

Jakob_S Stunt Coordinator

So what's the deal with "IMAX: All Access" - is it out yet? Or does somebody have a date?