What's new

"Alive" (out 10/8) - Confirmed Details (1 Viewer)

AaronJB

Second Unit
Just wanted to let forum members know that the Buena Vista release of "Alive" (out Tuesday) includes a 51-minute 1992 BBC documentary and an additional short featurette, as well as intros for both the documentaries and the film itself by director Frank Marshall.

The film is the 1993 drama based upon the real-life 1972 incident (the DVD is titled the "30th Anniversary Edition"), where a Uruguayan rugby team was stranded in the mountains for nearly three months after their plane crashed (I won't give away more than that). Ethan Hawke, Vincent Spano, Illeana Douglas and others star.

The presentation is 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen, while the audio is Dolby Digital 5.1.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I noticed this, was surprised that it'd be getting this nice little package, and wished that Frank Marshall's other Buena Vista film, Arachnophobia got Special Edition DVD treatment like this.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I can't see any reference to this movie without remembering Joe Queenan's article for Movieline, in which he was paid to heckle movies to see what would happen.
His heckling for Alive? "Eat Vincent Spano first!" :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks