Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Title: Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Robert Rodriguez

Cast: Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Mahershala Ali, Keean Johnson, Jennifer Connelly, Ed Skrein, Jackie Earle Haley, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., Lana Condor, Eiza González, Idara Victor, Jeff Fahey, Derek Mears, Leonard Wu, Racer Rodriguez, Marko Zaror, Rick Yune, Hugo Perez, Casper Van Dien, Billy Blair, Jamie Landau, Dimitrius Pulido, Patrick Gathron, Elle LaMont, Alex Livinalli, Neal Kodinsky, Anthony Bandmann, Alan Nguyen, Sam Medina, Tod Junker, John Wirt, Darcel Danielle, Emma Lindsey, Garrett Warren, Liz Tabish, Tony LaThanh, Jorge A. Jimenez, Vincent Fuentes, Ibrahima Thiam, Paul de Sousa, Gregg Berger, David Sobolov, Jeff Bottoms, Edward Norton, Michelle Rodriguez, Jai Courtney, Keil Oakley Zepernick, Tristan Riggs, Marque Hernandez, Don Daro, Liza Wilk, Rachel Prieto, Charlotte Delaney Riggs, Gregory Alexander Wight, Gary Teague, Heath Young, King, Ricky Lee, Alex Moore, Michael W. Bunch, Betsy Medina, Amanda Marie Wilkinson, Michael Wakefield, Philippe Auguste, Tyler Vogel, Rachel Hudson, Derrick Gilbert

Release: 2018-12-20

Plot: Set several centuries in the future, the abandoned Alita is found in the scrapyard of Iron City by Ido, a compassionate cyber-doctor who takes the unconscious cyborg Alita to his clinic. When Alita awakens, she has no memory of who she is, nor does she have any recognition of the world she finds herself in. As Alita learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield her from her mysterious past.

Well this one was not on my radar. Is this from a graphic novel or book or anime or something? I've not heard of this at all. And to be honest, I think it looks great.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/399579-alita-battle-angel?language=en-US

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Been discussed for years by Cameron.

Looks interesting.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, those eyes. Didn't care for 'em. To me they just scream CGI. Alita doesn't look that great in this trailer. Hopefully they'll improve on her look and movement before the film is released.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, those eyes. Didn't care for 'em. To me they just scream CGI. Alita doesn't look that great in this trailer. Hopefully they'll improve on her look and movement before the film is released.
Especially since Alita's eyes weren't especially large (by manga standards) on the page. They would have been better using live action plates of Rosa Salazar for the head and torso, and employing blue screen stockings for the rest of her to make android limbs.

There are some shots in that trailer that look eerily photo real, despite the proportions being wrong, and then there are other shots where Alita looks straight out of a CG animated film.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looks a helluva lot more interesting than Aquaman. He was the worst thing in Justice League. Strike that. Second worst after Cyborg.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Of all the things coming out on that December weekend (I think something absurd like five megabudget films) I figured that was most likely to move.

It looks like a movie meant to be seen on premium 3D screens, and those just weren’t going to all be available for it with all the competition.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks