What's new

Alison Krauss two-CD live set out tomorrow (11/5) for just $12.99! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Sunday's Best Buy flier shows the Alison Krauss + Union Station 2-CD live set coming out tomorrow (Tuesday, November 5th), and it will be just $12.99! I am very impressed with Rounder Records. First, all of my Alison Krauss CDs and SACDs sound outstanding (especially the SACDs). Now they are making the Krauss live set available very cheap. Hopefully this set will sound great. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Who's with me? :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Evan, it is coming out on SACD, but a release date has not been announced yet. I also don't know what the SACD will sell for. For $12.99, I plan on getting the CD set tomorrow. I can always listen to the CDs in the car and office and keep the SACDs at home.

James RD

Supporting Actor
Keith - How long do Best Buy's sales last? They also have the new Johnny Cash. Gotta have the latest from the Man in Black.:emoji_thumbsup:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
James, as far as I know, all sale prices are good until this Saturday (11/9). A flier with new specials will be out in next Sunday's papers.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I just stopped by my local Wal-Mart, The clerks had not yet unpacked the Alison Krauss two-CD live set,
They found it in the boxes for me.
The sticker price was $14.88 I told them BB had it at $12.99
and K-Mart was $10.99
They asked for an ad that I did not have.
I just asked them to scan the price and let's see what it
is. They did and it was priced $10.84 ! on their system.:emoji_thumbsup:
Not bad, Now if I buy the SACD it's not a huge loss.
I have not yet played the disc, I'm sure it will be great.;)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I can't believe it! I had no idea this was coming out! I just saw AK&US earlier this year as part of the "Down From the Mountain" tour. I am a big fan of these guys! I am so on this!:D
I just went to Bestbuy.com and heard some song samples. A note says something about this being a dual SACD, playable on both regular and SACD players. Some of you who are talking about this in this thread might want to check this out.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Today's release is only the RED-BOOK CD.
The Video DVD of this two disc release is due out
in early 2003.
SACD yet to be announced.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
FYI, K-Mart will have the two-CD live set for just $10.99 this week!
Damn K-mart:D Best buy was fun today. AKUS Live, Boston Corporate America, and Melissa Etheridge DVD for under $50.00. I would say thats a pretty good score! ?Now to find time to listen, hmmm where should I start:D
Oh, if you are going to wait for the SACD, sit back! Here is todays reply to my email to Round regarding the sacd;
Hi,
This will be available on SACD in the early part of 2003. Release date not
yet available.
Take care,
Susan Margaca
Rounder Records
Customer Service
www.rounder.com
1-800-ROUNDER

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the Alison Krauss live set at K-Mart for $10.99. The sound quality is exactly what I have come to expect from Alison Krauss and Rounder. Kudos to both! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: It's amazing that a two-CD set with such great music and great sound quality can be just $10.99. Wow.
NP: Alison Krauss + Union Station Live ("Choctaw Hayride")

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
There was an article in the October issue of Sound & Vision on this CD, and specifically the SACD that will be released. There was no mention of a release date for the SACD, though.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Marty, I saw that article awhile back, and it was very well done. I will definitely pick up the SACD. For now, the CD is very satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks