Alison Krauss and U.S. - "New Favorite" on SACD: BREATHTAKING

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Evan S, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I got to the mailbox today and to my surprise the Elusive Disc shipment of Alison Krauss and Union Station's "New Favorite" made it to my doorstep so I immediately put it in the player. The WOW factor on this one is off the charts. Absolutely flawless multichannel sound. I'm in the middle of listening to track 4 as we speak and I can already say that this SACD sounds far better on my system than any of my other SACD's. (I only have 10 so far, so take that with a grain of salt). Alison's voice sounds fantastic...the music is far more upbeat than her solo SACD release, the multichannel mix is not distracting at all, very active but not overpowering.

Fantastic, awesome, highly recommended. It's releases of this quality that make me realize all the money most of us throw at this hobby is not wasted one bit. I will enjoy this release for months and it's hybrid so I can bring it in my car as well. Well done Rounder!!!

I have not listened to the Redbook layer yet, so I cannot compare, but this SACD layer is stunning. I truly cannot believe my system can sound this good. WOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to get this release if you have an SACD player and like Alison's stuff!!!!

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    My copy came yesterday and I've only listened to it in stereo but it excels there too. The title track is absolutely stunning! Rounder is really doing SACD right. I got Natalie Macmaster's IN MY HANDS yesterday too. It's pretty good too. Viva Rounder! Best wishes!

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Evan,
    Thanks for this news! I am excited about this one as well and I am even happier knowing the sonics are so fine.
    [​IMG]

4. Jeff Keene

Jeff Keene Supporting Actor

Ordered.

5. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I've listened to this album straight through about three full times now and I continue to be floored at how good it sounds. Amazing. This disk exemplifies what SACD should sound like. This is the new reference disk for my system when people come over and I want to show off.[​IMG]

6. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Extra

I just recieved my copy last night. I was also floored at the quality of it.
    The only thing I didn't really care for was Alison does not sing on all the tracks. The other tracks were not bad, I just wanted to here more of Alison's voice.[​IMG]

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Evan, so do you like the disc or what? [​IMG] I love the sound quality of the Forget About It and Now That I've Found You: A Collection SACDs and the music on the latter disc especially, so I will have to get New Favorite. Perhaps it will be my new favorite. I know that was bad, but I had to say it. [​IMG]

8. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Keith, Rachael said the same poor joke in another thread on the sources board!!!!

Kidding with both of you. Keith, not only will you like the sound quality more than "Forget About It", but you will like the material much better. Much more upbeat and bluegrassy than the solo stuff. This is one exceptional disk both for music and sound quality that simply refuses to leave my player. I'm in love with this disk.

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Evan, I should have figured that someone would beat me to that joke. Since I wasn't the first one to put it out there, now I can say it is really bad. [​IMG]
    Now I really can't wait to pick up the New Favorite SACD. I am going to look for it at a local store later today.