Aligning the picture on my Toshiba - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Britt_S, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Britt_S

Britt_S Auditioning

Really not sure what to do here.

So I got recieved a free old Toshiba 25'' today, model CF2638. The only problem is that the picture is alligned too low, with a black bar running across the top of the screen. Of course, this makes viewing DVD's / television rather difficult, as the bottem of the picture is cut off.

There are no knobs that will allow me to move it up or down on the box, so I'm pretty sure it is something that must be ajusted within the television (a POT that needs to be turned?).

I know that a service rep would be so expensive that I might as well buy a new tv, and I'd really rather hold onto this one for a while (picture is great). Is there anywhere that gives info about this? Manual was no help.

Thanks in advance guys! (and sorry for the slightly lengthy post)

Britt

2. Rhys Frost

Rhys Frost Auditioning

Hi Britt,
    Not sure about your particular model but most Toshiba's now you can enter the service menu by
    1) pressing and holding mute on the remote
    2) while holding mute, press menu on the front of the tv. An 'S' should appear on the screen.
    3) release both buttons and press menu on the tv again.
    Once in service mode you can scroll down using the channel buttons. Look for something called VPOS and you can adjust the value with the volume buttons. To exit the service menu turn off the TV.
    Like I said I'm not sure if this works the same for your model but if it does, be careful not to change any values by accident, you can REALLY screw up your tv. But the VPOS parameter moves the picture up and down and should allow you to fix what you're describing. Good luck.
    btw, here's a link with more on the
    service menu

3. Britt_S

Britt_S Auditioning

Thanks for the reply [​IMG]
    It sounds like getting into the service menu would fix the problem perfectly, but that method doesn't seem like its gonna work. I believe this may be too old of a TV. I'm searching around for more info now. Hopefully I'll find the method without having to order the service manual.