Aliens that explode from butts+stand by me = Dreamcatcher= good movie

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeff Rogers, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

I really think this movie got shortchanged. It is godawful.. but so good. Reminds me of " The Thing"

Sure there are parts that are just horrrible and Morgan Freeman is the worst he's ever been in the movie. But damn.. it is intense. The toilet part is great.

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I enjoyed this flick but I could not for the life of me get past The alien having a British accent.

I mean, WHY?

3. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

This should probably go in the Official Discussion Thread in the Movies Forum.

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Richard,

Check out the making of featurette and listen to the real voice of the actor who played Jonesy.

5. Greg Black

Greg Black Second Unit

I remember all the horrible reviews this movie was getting back in March, and it subsequently spent little time in the theaters. However, I watched it today, and while it wasn't a masterpiece, I didn't think it was all that bad. I rather enjoyed it actually.

6. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Stunt Coordinator

Oh my lord this movie was so awful, I hated this movie so much, ugh, I can't imagine ever seeing this again.

7. Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson Second Unit

Dreamcatcher is horrible. I love bad movies, I thought Blood Freak was freakin' awesome, so for me to say that this movie is bad(which it is) means a lot. Uh...nice transfer on the dvd though.

8. Jefferson Morris

Jefferson Morris Supporting Actor

Never seen Dreamcatcher, but this thread title has my vote for Best Ever.

--Jefferson Morris

9. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

This is one of those movies cineastes just love to hate--way too entertaining and with a comprehensible plot and story line.

If you enjoy spending countless hours trying to decode Mulholland Drive or discussing the biblical significance of the rain of frogs in Magnolia this isn't the movie for you.

10. Antony James

Antony James Stunt Coordinator

I mostly loved Dreamcatcher. Seriously!

It's the last five minutes that had me weeping. I don't mind when they change the ending that was in the novel, except in cases such as this where the new ending makes no sense whatsoever. (And is extremely unsatisfying to boot.)

11. florence franks

florence franks Stunt Coordinator

I love this film, had be most original wild ride I had in long time! Though I was as shocked as next guy I knew second it went from a slow character driven film about 3 guys with special powers to full blown scifi wildness that critics going to shred it. Sure enough Ebert whined why could film have been like first part, hehe.. Definitely have get book to this! And to think this was first book after king accident were every thought he was done [​IMG]

12. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale

13. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Sorry, but I must say that the film really, really sucked. As I have not seen Gigli (and probably never will), Dreamcatcher will get my vote for absolute worst film of the year. I remember the groaning from the sneak preview audience that was with me while watching the film.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Lifeless characters+ bad CGI+ stupid remark of all Americans shop at Wal-Mart and never miss an episode of 'Friends'=Dreamcatcher (AKA garbage).

15. Chuck West

Chuck West Stunt Coordinator

People who expect WAY too much of movies = Home Theater Forum

16. Carl Walker

Carl Walker Stunt Coordinator

Well, I have the unabridged audio book on CD... When I first listened to it (took about a month), I didn't care much for it.

However, this movie has made me want to listen to it again! I really loved the film... The amazing part is that the film actually looked the way that I pictured it in my mind. I think that Kasdan really did a good job of sticking with the book with the exception of that god-awful hollywoodized ending. The original ending in the cut scenes was MUCH better, IMO.

17. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    I may rent this to see the original ending, but I just honestly disliked the movie. There were some good ideas, and some decent scenes (the Jonsey's brain segments were clever), but as a whole, I just thought it was poorly constructed. This may have been due to the condensing from the book, but Goldman and Kasdan were capable of better.

Besides, Jason Lee sticking his finger in the peanut butter is kind of ooky; I mean, don't we remember where that finger's been? [​IMG]

18. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but definitely the second worst movie I've seen in the theater in the last 5 years. Number one on that list is Fear.com.
    If you think this movie had a "comprehensible plot and story line." you must have seen a different movie than I did. It made zero sense and had everyone in the theater laughing their asses off (pun intended) during the supposed scary scenes.
    A classic example of a decent director who has no idea how to make a horror movie ruining a decent story (though far from King's best) and turning it into an incomprehensible piece of garbage. I mean, come on...Dudditz was an alien???

19. Mark Palermo

Mark Palermo Second Unit

I agree that the toilet part was pretty awesome. Once they left the cabin the movie lost something.

(And the only people who think Gigli is the worst movie of the year are celebrity-worshipping tabloid fiends. I guess that's most of the population. But really, it isn't that bad.)

20. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I know there are some movies out there that are just awful but pepole still enjoy, but I just can't see ANY reason to enjoy this absolute horrible,terrible piece of crap movie. I went to see this at the theatre expecting a very good and scary movie, the first 30 minutes was good and then just went downhill from there.