Aliens 30th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91X0AY9ADqL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Still waiting for an eventual press release, but my first thoughts that there is nothing new here. I think Fox stuffed everything they could into their initial Special Edition boxed set.

I agree with you, Matt, that a 4k release would have been the way to go with this.

Todd Erwin

Producer
Reviewer
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm surprised Fox didn't go the 4K UHD route with this anniversary edition since the movie has such a following.
This is an older 2K DI, and would likely require the involvement of James Cameron to oversee and approve an upscale (or new transfer) and HDR pass.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm a huge fan of the film and might be tempted to buy it again. I'm sure there are collectors out there who buy every re-release or re-package of their favorite movies, Harry Potter or Star Wars fans for instance. It's not a huge amount of money to sacrifice. :eek:

Meanwhile we're still waiting for The Abyss and True Lies to make their Blu-ray debuts.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IMeanwhile we're still waiting for The Abyss and True Lies to make their Blu-ray debuts.
I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. As long as James Cameron is tied up with his Avatar sequels then I don't see him able to spend time with either of these two releases.

Reactions: DP 70

Billy Batson

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ah, it contains "stuff", well if it was a special film for me I'd be tempted, but I have the 6 disc Alien Anthology, one of the best Blu-ray sets out there, that'll do.

Reactions: atfree

moe green

Grip
Real Name
Jeff
They just had a reunion of the cast in Houston a few weeks ago. I guess if it had footage from that it would be interesting, but if it doesn't I would pass.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Like ALIEN 35th, this is just a release with 'stuff" if you don't have any other.....buy; ALIEN came with a mini comic book of the original movie tie-in and some cards of HR GIGER art.

As for THE ABYSS.....that is insanity for this to be still MIA

WillG

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Would have been cool if Cameron secretly had a 3D conversion done that would have been part of this.

Reactions: Tino

Worth

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It would be nice if they re-colour corrected this and the first film to closer match the original prints.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've seen the big box (which may be the best blu-ray ever released) go for less than what they are asking for this edition. A new interview with Cameron and reunion panel doesn't do it for me. Perhaps when it goes for $10-15 (and it will) I might get it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruksartbneha