What's new

ALIEN will be most possibly getting 25th anniversary S.E release when time comes... (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Ron is right. The Digital Bits has just posted in the rumor mill and it says that a Alien ***** is possibly in the works for 2002.
Regards,
Dan

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Near the time of release, I thought Sharpline Arts had stated that the information on the 5th disc was prepared so as to fit on the single Alien disc, but Fox chose to break it out for an extra.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
For once I'm in on one of Ron's little secrets :)
You'll like it, that's all I can say. Seriously, nothing is set in stone, only that you'll like it
wink.gif

Oh, and that someone will complain about something when and if anything comes out anyway :)
Jeff Kleist

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I love the fourth film, and I surely can't be the only one
I had a great time with the fourth film. Rented it a few times when it came out on VHS in Australia actually. Would definately pick up a SE of this title.
Also I would also purchase an ALIEN re-release if it came with DTS and a ton of extras.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I love the fourth film, and I surely can't be the only one.
I, too, like it a lot. In fact, it's my second-favorite of the series, right behind Cameron's "Aliens." That's right, I think it's a better film than the original "Alien."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'll tell you what.
My policy is to keep my mouth shut until
someone else who is reputable posts the
information, which I imagine, is with
the permission of the studio.
Bill Hunt mentions what Fox has on the slate
for 2002.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html
Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I also like the 4th film a bunch. I don't think it's better than the 1st one; it's 3rd on my personal list. But it's a great movie nonetheles.
But I like the 3rd one, too...even if I'll acknowledge it was the worst of the bunch. It grows on you with repeated viewings...sort of like The Phantom Menace.
wink.gif

I'm intrigued by what Ron, Crawdaddy, and Jeff are hinting at. I have the AL box set, including the 5th disc! (I thank fellow HTFer Brian Stiles for that disc, BTW.) I wonder what could induce me into spending more money than I did on this WONDERFUL set...
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

YANG

Screenwriter
I'm sorry,what i can see from the thread is that the film mentioned is a PARAMOUNT/LUCASFILM production.Not what i mentioned in this thread.
RON could be right on what he is doing.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Alien 5-star?
Well ok, for people who doesn't have it already this may be attractive, but I can't see myself replacing the current disc, it's so cool!
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

DanR

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry,what i can see from the thread is that the film mentioned is a PARAMOUNT/LUCASFILM production.Not what i mentioned in this thread.
Yang,
That's right. That's why I referred him to the other thread rather than bring up the different subject in this one.
confused.gif

Regards,
Dan

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I'm a sucker for Alien so I'll buy it especially if it's a 2 disc set. I already have all of the Alien flicks on DVD and probably the only one I'll buy again is the original '79 Ridley Scott film.
------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
They'd have to really pack this bad-boy to get me to upgrade. A great anamorphic widescreen transfer, 5.1 soundtrack, Scott commentary, deleted scenes, isolated score, and that needs to be upgraded to a 5-Star edition? I can understand it with Die Hard, but Fox had better really hit a homer with this one :).
-Tom

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
ALIEN is my favorite of them all. Thanks to Ron for adding a bit of possiblity to the rumour. Scott could cut back in the deleted scenes. YAPHET KOTO, in a local interview here, once mentioned that there was an hour or more of outakes. The 12 minutes we saw as a bonus were simply the very last minute deletions.
SPFX could be finished up and even more scemes added. Then ALIEN3 could be made longer...ive owned 4 differing incarnations of ALIEN...sigh.
------------------

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I have to say that I like all 4 of the Alien movies. I wouldn't put the last two in the same class as the first two, but I'm rather fond of them all. Of course, my demigoddess Winona is in Alien Resurrection so that has to have an SE.
biggrin.gif
I'd be interested in seeing Fincher's cut of Alien3 as well. There's still plenty that could be done on DVD with these movies, though Alien as it is is a pretty darn good SE.
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks