What's new

alien vs predator requiem blu ray question (1 Viewer)

carpenterfan

Agent
Real Name
briane ivanitski
hey guys i bought the 2 pack of AVp unrated 2 pack and just have a audio question in one scene in the movie. when the young kid forgot his name delivers a pizza pie to this girls house and right after she says keep the change there is a really loud thump sound the comes from the left front speaker. in the DTS HI DEF MST MODE. DOES ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS SOUND . IT JUST SOUNDS A LITTLE AWKWARD THAT'S ALL.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Could be the "DTS HD MA"-sound "pop" that is reported with some receivers and certain BD-titles (also "AvPR") and their "DTS HD MA"-tracks.

More info/rumors/speculation:
**WARNING** DTS Masters bitstreamed to Yamaha, Onkyo or Integra can damage speakers!! - Page 67 - AVS Forum

I thought that it has occurred only with "bitstream"?

I believe there´s now new firmware available with e.g. Yamaha v1800/v3800-receivers that might fix this problem. Look at the official US site - scroll down: RX-V1800 / RX-V3800 )

edit: I believe Onkyo receivers has also new firmware now...

carpenterfan

Agent
Real Name
briane ivanitski
hey guys i spoke to onkyo and their mailing me out an updated firmware disc to take care of the dts pop sound. thanks for your input gents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.