What's new

Alien vs Predator its official!! (1 Viewer)

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Okay acording to this http://www.filmjerk.com/nuke/article531.html
article on Filmjerk.com Alien vs Predator is filmining in october!! Yes ! Only thing that worries me is that Paul W.S. Anderson is directing...
I guess thats why Alien is rereleased this year...and why the new box is comming out.
I really hope that rumor about Alien 4 and 5 are true as well.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Paul Anderson??? The guy who made that crappy Resident Evil movie???

I am not too happy about this... I think they should wait until a better talented person comes along to handle this film... I would also like to see Sigorney and Arnold in this film...

This news doesnt surprise me though... With Freddy vs Jason being greenlit, we will probably be seeing several vs. movies going ahead in the next 6 months to a year...

I personally am glad Freddy vs Jason is the first movie in this new trend to do this vs. idea... That way no one can say it was a cash off of other Future vs. films....

Batman vs. Superman is another idea they are working with... I have no idea how that will actually work though... Why would Batman and Superman be fighting??? They are both good guys...

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Any excitement I might have had for this project has been dashed against the rocks thanks to the participation of one Paul Anderson, hackmeister extraordinaire. The man is simply a lousy writer/director who has a proven track record of substandard work, yet somehow Fox decided to hand over to him the Keys to the Kingdom. Nice. :angry:

Honestly if this makes any money it will only be on the strength of both franchises recognizability, i.e. open medium-big and plummet fast. And it will kill two franchises with one stone. (Which may not a bad thing, in that the last sequels to both were horribly lousy...)

Ryan: The proposed Batman vs. Superman title is in reference to a philosophical battle rather than a physical one, although the two have fought in the comics before (a Kryptonited, nuked, depowered Superman vs. a beefed-up, armored, physically enhanced Batman.)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
"the story looks to involve human scientists going on an expedition to Antarctica to lure Predator hunters, using Alien eggs as bait. Of course, these plans quickly goes awry and the humans find themselves in the crossfire between two warring alien species."

Hey that could be pretty darn cool. Hopefully this thing will turn out really good, or great even!

Edit: Btw the way that story reads to me is like it's essentially Predator 3 with some Aliens thrown in.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Krist,

I know all about Abbott and Costello meet Frankentein, Franky meets Wofy, etc... Thats why I said the "NEW TREND" of vs. films...

Meaning that the first in the line of newer ones if this infact does become a trend...

If that makes any sense...

I should have said newer trend or revival vs. trend or something more along those lines...

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Hey... I agree...

I was kind of for this idea... But, hearing that Paul Anderson is involved does kind of squash my hopes...

But, you never know... I could turn out to be good...

Are any of the original cast members, writers, etc coming back for this???

George Monroy

Stunt Coordinator
I hope somebody can make a Predator versus Batman movie. That is what Predator 2 should have been instead of Danny Glover in there. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
the story looks to involve human scientists going on an expedition to Antarctica to lure Predator hunters, using Alien eggs as bait
Isn't this a major problem?! I thought the Predator's species could only live in hot climates. I don't think they'd be going to Antartica.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sounds like a pretty typical, formula story. Still, it could be fun.

As far as all the knocking of Anderson, I think Resident Evil is an absolute blast. Let's not forget that the last two installments of Alien were directed by pretty talented directors, and they suck.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
You know,I dont mind Anderson's work. In all honesty Ive seen worse. Soldier, Event Horizon, Resident Evil, all were pretty enjoyable IMHO. Not great filmaking but very entertaining at least. What blows my mind is they chose to go this route rather than let James Cameron do another Aliens film! :eek: For those of you who havent heard he said hed do another as long as Fox didnt go the VS. route. Looks like he wont be doing one now... :frowning: Still I look forward to seeing the Predator again,its been far too long.....

Luis S

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Maybe James Cameron and Ridley Scott will produce a fith and sixth alien film(s) after this!
Fingers crossed!:emoji_thumbsup: :D

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Just when you think the alien series couldn't get any worse.

3 was bad, 4 was terrible...

And predator 2? HAHA.

Sean*O

Second Unit
How much did Cameron want? Maybe that was the hang-up?

Shame.. whatever it was, it would have been worth it.

JohnAP

Second Unit
Man, I was so hoping Ridley Scott would do Alien 5 when it was reported that he showed some interest and met with Weaver about it. I enjoyed Event Horizon for what it was, but every other Anderson film is pretty bad. I hope AvP doesn't end up like Resident Evil where there's lots of action/violence and yet not a single scary moment. What I fear is that if this turns out bad, it could signal the end of the Alien franchise. Three bombs in a row and only a big push by Cameron or Scott would get Alien 5 greenlighted.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Maybe Cameron's ego is too big after his Oscar win and doesn't want to jeopardize his fame.

I don't think there is any new confirmed projects under his name.

As far as Paul Anderson goes, my hopes are shattered on this much anticpated movie. This may turn out into a mega video-game 'look' and 'feel'on the big screen.

The worst part is I hear that he has officially bid FOR A PG-13 rating. :thumbsdown:

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I hope AvP doesn't end up like Resident Evil where there's lots of action/violence and yet not a single scary moment. What I fear is that if this turns out bad, it could signal the end of the Alien franchise
It's going to have some beautiful girl, running around barely dressed from terrible CGI monsters, and she might even do some back flip jump kicks off the wall.

There will be no tension or fear for the characters like in alien 1 and 2 because you will be too busy laughing and the one on one battle scenes between the alien and the predator.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I'd bet several vital organs and my autographed 8 x 10 of Tommy "The Turd" Robelli that Anderson got the gig because he will goose-step in line with whatever Fox's demands are in regards to both "franchises."

FOX EXEC: We need succulent young babes running around kicking ass to bring in the pubes.

Anderson: I can do that.

FOX EXEC: We want sex, we want action, we want violence... but keep it PG-13 to maximize our potential audience.

Anderson: I can do that.

FOX EXEC: And we'd like some humor, too. How about a sassy, wisecrackin' Latina sidekick? Maybe one of those freaky Fanta girls?

Anderson: I'd love to do that.

FOX EXEC: Hey! Can you write in a scantily-clad, hot-babe female Predator? And throw in some cute Alien kids for merchandising? Speaking of which, lose the acid-blood and instead have the Aliens excel in some kind of Matrix-like kung-fu. The kids love kung-fu. How do you feel about nipples on the Predator suit?

Anderson: I am the AntiChrist.

FOX EXEC: *pause* Mr. Murdoch?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks