What's new

Alien Vs. Predator dvd. Any news? (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Last I heard, the only DVD release planned is the one coming out in January. The PG-13 rated cut that was released into theaters.

It'll be in both wide and full-screen versions. The predator being prominant on the wide release, and an Alien on the full-screen one.

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
I heard from a friend.. who thought he read on IGN or some source that there would be an "R" rated cut? I always thought there was no R footage. This guy is usually on the ball.. is he crazy?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
the director "claimed" an R-Rated cut... but apparently it's not coming anytime soon... if at all.

I'm guessing an eventual double-dip is in the works.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Sure it will be a double dip! I'll not purchase a block buster like that with only one disc and few bonus features...

No, I'll rent the DVD and wait the eventually 2 discs Special edition. Same thing for I, Robot!

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
The Digital Bits said a few weeks ago that the rumors of an R-rated AVP were totally false, for what it's worth.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Got this yesterday and watched it. I liked the film and since I have the 9 disc Alien box set and both of the Predator films, I had to have this in my collection. The transfer was superb and looked excellent on my system. One pleasant surprise was the "hidden" DTS track. The track sounded fantastic on my Sammy DVD HD841. Although the DTS track is listed on the back of the DVD case, you have to look really hard to see it.;)

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
So there's no "R" version coming up? At all? That's a shame. It could've really helped fix alot of the problem this movie had.

Hogan Lew

Auditioning
I was originally planning to wait for an unrated or R rated version of the film, but then I found out about the collectors edition with the Alien and Predator busts so I said what the heck. Guess I'm too much of a sucker for that kind of stuff.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
The disc has an "extented cut" probably unrated [it isn't all that different IMO],and has a DTS track but it's not "hidden".

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
What I meant by "hidden" is that you really can't notice it's there from the packaging unless you look really close. There is no "DTS" logo anywhere on the sleeve or case. I didn't even notice it until I went into the "Languages" setup on the main menu. It was a pleasant surprise to see DTS listed there.:)

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
Paul W.S. Anderson lied about an R-rated cut to save face.
He will be a director of crap films.

Kain_C

Screenwriter

I doubt anything short of a new film could fix the problems this film had. Worst film of 2004.

I do hope an actual director does this down the line eventually and does it well. This is something that truly deserves a good film version and franchise. Shame to see the potential in ashes already.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Got it. It was rental for me and those don't come with the original box so I always just check the "languages" section to see what's there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks