Alien trilogy coming to blu-ray?!...

Daz_85

Agent
Real Name
Darren
Just bought and read the article... seems like they cobbled together snippets Charlie said at that Fox event, the DigitalBits book, this year's ComicCon panel and even coments made here! Still, it's an interesting insight into the behind the scenes of the set. Can't wait to see the Alien3 menus....

As we know, the Alien3 Special Edition had a new mix, including bringing back certain actors to re-loop their dialogue, and in the magazine Charlie mentions both Lance Henriksen and Charles Dance participating... but what about Sigourney Weaver? I'm pretty sure there's quite a few of her lines that needed fixing too. It's a real shame she couldn't do the commentaries for all 4 films... I think that would have rounded the set off nicely.

Charles de Lauzirika

Insider
Insider
Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
Have no fear. Sigourney returned to loop her lines too. I conducted her session by phone while she was in New York and I was in Detroit prepping "Crave." It was a lot of fun. The new "Alien 3" SE mix is a massive improvement. In my opinion, of course.

And to clarify, we didn't actually record her ADR off the phone. I merely monitored her performance and talked with her by phone. Her lines were recorded in a proper studio in New York and sent back to L.A. to be mixed at Fox.

Jim C

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Daz_85

I must admit, I was quite disappointed that the article was mostly cobbled together from various quotes Charles has made over the years. As Daz says, I was quite surprised they had quoted, word-for-word, parts of Charles' posts from this very forum and the DigitalBits book. Cheeky devils.

Speaking of the DigitalBits, whatever happened to their inside look at the making of the Anthology? Seems to have disappeared off the radar.

Daz_85

Agent
Real Name
Darren
Great news Charlie, you always deliver! Was it just those 3 that did the re-recordings? Off the top of my head, those were the actors that were required. Is is the same video cut from 2003?

Just out of interest, what were the actors reactions when asked to work on the film nearly 20 years after the fact? Fantastic effort on everyone's behalf though.

Jim C... I asked Bill Hunt about that a week ago, and he reassured me it's definitely on it's way! I'm really looking forward to it too.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Can't wait! I'm even flying down to Florida the last weekend of this month just so I can revel in this set with a film school friend of mine who lives there (I moved up here six months ago).

I'm sure we'll find out soon but did you manage to interview anyone (cast or crew) who you missed the first time around?

Valaquen

Auditioning
Real Name
JD Kennedy
I've heard that James Cameron fixed a couple of visual goofs on Aliens for the blu, notably the hole in which Bishop's body is in when he catches Newt.

Ted Van Duyn

Stunt Coordinator
I highly doubt it. Screen captures for the film have been pouring through from no doubt the BluRays themselves and if anyone were to spot those mistakes, they'd certainly make note of it.

If it was the case, well, that would be interesting. Where did you hear about this?

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
Charlie is there any reason Alien Res. and Alien 3 did not get new transfers? was it purely a cost concern?

Alien Res. would have looked great with a new digital ENR transfer, the colour would have been correct for one!

UHDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
That's normal, there's 1/ Bishop, 2/The Alien Queen, 3/ Airlock opened, 4/ air being sucked out of the ship

OK I found another source online for this will erase the other link

Anthology:

Valaquen

Auditioning
Real Name
JD Kennedy
DVDVision is the man. I wonder what else has been fixed? I know the Bishop hole has been a stickler for Cameron for years.

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Daz_85

Jim C... I asked Bill Hunt about that a week ago, and he reassured me it's definitely on it's way! I'm really looking forward to it too.

Yeah I was wondering what happened as well.

Very good news indeed

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Fox had another hypersleep chamber set up at the New York Comic-Con but I didn't get to try it out - there was a constantly long line throughout the day and I didn't feel like waiting 30 minutes! I did get to see the egg package up close - it's smaller in person. They were also promoting Dollhouse, Avatar: Extended Edition, Predators, the next Family Guy Star Wars parody, and MGM's RoboCop set (which I would've picked up in a heartbeat if they remastered the first film and included the extras).

The Warner Archive people were also there and I got my hands on a free copy of Gene Roddenberry's Genesis II for proving myself a fan. [/url]

Daz_85

Agent
Real Name
Darren
Charles Dance FTW!

Did you get to see Adrien Brody there? Apparently he was due to sign Predators merch.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania.farrell