Alien soundtrack??

Discussion in 'Music' started by Osato, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Osato

Osato Producer

Hello - I am trying to locate a copy of the full Alien soundtrack from 1979. Was there a full version of the score ever released? The DVD contains 2 audio tracks. I was curious if there was a release of all the music, used or unused from the score.
    Thanks!

2. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    You have more of the score with the first DVD release than with any CD issue I am aware of. Keep it.

3. DavidLW

DavidLW Stunt Coordinator

I have it on vinyl (import pressing). I don't think it's the whole score as it's on a single album and can only contain about 50 minutes. But then again I don't recall how much music was in the movie. I'll see if I can locate it to see what's on it.

4. DavidLW

DavidLW Stunt Coordinator

O.K. I found it. It's not an imort pressing as I first thought. Pressed by 20th Century Fox Records (T-539). Music by Jerry Goldsmith, Conducted by Lionel Newman, performed by The National Philharmonic.

Side 1: Main Title: 3:30 The Face Hugger 2:32 Breakaway 3:00 Acid Test 4:35 The Landing 4:29

Side 2: The Droid 4:40 The Recovery 2:44 The Alien Planet 2:28 The Shaft 3:57 End Title 3:02

Never seen it on a CD but it may exist. Hopes this help.